saved by M16 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : saved by M16

choi_tan2000
06-16-2008, 18:15
good news for LEOs while 5 cops where wounded col. sintin was saved by his m16 rifle during the gunfight in QC ?

can anybody post a picture of his rifle shown in the news yesterday?

more power to our Police force.

isuzu
06-16-2008, 18:55
Would you be able to post the link of the news?

Thanks!

edtf
06-16-2008, 18:56
good news for LEOs while 5 cops where wounded col. sintin was saved by his m16 rifle during the gunfight in QC ?

can anybody post a picture of his rifle shown in the news yesterday?

more power to our Police force.

at least they have evidence that this really was a shootout :). Luckily no bystanders were hit not like the one that happened on the Quezon ave ambush :(

Did you notice a trend in QC - once there is a high profile robbery or robbery with homicide or murder just wait for a few weeks and QC police would be killing lots of hoodlums and/or other bad elements. Well I'm not really complaining :)

Here is the article but doesn't mention about the M16 - from ABS-CBN

2nd UPDATE) Cop, 5 other rob suspects die in QC clash

Six suspected burglars, including a policeman, were killed in a shootout with police in Quezon City Sunday night.

Three of the six armed suspects were identified as Police Officer 1 Lino Acedera of the Manila Police District, allegedly the group's leader; Mauro Lerpido, reportedly a movie stunt man; and Francis Violeta. The armed men were alleged members of an “akyat-bahay” gang that victimizes wealthy families in the city.

Senior Superintendent Magtanggol Gatdula, chief of the Quezon City Police District, said investigators are now checking Acedera’s records after they received information that the policeman was involved in a kidnapping incident before. He did not elaborate.

Authorities recovered three grenades, .45 and .38 pistols, a machine pistol, an M-16 rifle, and an identification card of the Department of the Interior and Local Government following the gunfight along Agno Street.

A hammer, gloves, packaging tape, disposable plastic handcuffs and three containers of gasoline were also seized from them, police said.

Gatdula said the recovery of these pieces of evidence could link the suspects to the gruesome murder of five people at a Talayan Village home, also in Quezon City, last week.

Gatdula said the suspects were also believed to be involved in kidnap-for-ransom and carjacking activities.

Prior to the shootout Sunday, police said residents, who were on alert following recent break-ins, called them after noticing a Honda Jazz and Mitsubishi Galant driving around their area.

When police responded around 9 p.m., a crossfire then ensued between the two sides, resulting in the death of the six alleged burglars.

Gatdula said the five suspects who were driving the Mitsubishi Galant attempted to escape while the lone armed man in the Honda Jazz fired at the authorities.

The Mitsubishi Galant crashed into the police's Mitsubishi Adventure, hurting three members of the city’s Special Weapons and Tactics squad, he added.

Reports said a total of six policemen were rushed to a hospital as a result of the clash. With reports from Doland Castro, ABS-CBN News and radio dzMM

Allegra
06-16-2008, 19:20
Idol talaga si Alex :)

choi_tan2000
06-16-2008, 19:40
thanks sir allegra for posting,

im searching sana for the vid clip aired in abscbn they showed sir alex sintin's rifle hit by bullet.

http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/latest/24213/6-men-killed-in-QC-shootout

BrassKnuckle
06-16-2008, 20:57
Did you notice a trend in QC - once there is a high profile robbery or robbery with homicide or murder just wait for a few weeks and QC police would be killing lots of hoodlums and/or other bad elements. Well I'm not really complaining :)

I'm not complaining either. A good way to reduce the crime rate is to reduce the number of criminals.

jimbullet
06-17-2008, 03:57
As long as these are established criminals, you wont hear me complaining as well.

edtf
06-18-2008, 04:39
Guys, I was lucky enough to meet Col Sintin just this morning. I asked him if he was the guy who came out on TV about his M16 being hit. YUP he replied - To cut the story short - he thought his gun jammed - he checked it. there was a hole on the upper receiver and when he looked on the other side - it didn't go through but dented the other side of the receiver. Guess what portion was the receiver covering?!?! COM - heart area - Geeezzzz!!!! I told him Sir hindi mo pa panahon ( It isn't your time yet) he agreed. The guy beside him got hit. It was a 9mm that hit his rifle. The BGs were also firing full auto. I just got goose bumps when he was telling us what happened - for the records the bad guys did fire first and fired a lot!!! Funny thing he had this smile and he said "ok din sabayan yung putok namin". My companion asked him why he didn't wear his vest - well hassle daw - mainit kasi so he gave it to one of his boys to use :shocked:
Distance of the encounter - 7m
I asked him if he took cover - yup but it was a low wall so he had to stand to clear the wall when the shooting started.
Luckily bad guys didn't have enough time to use the 2 grenades they had.

bulm540
06-18-2008, 05:43
Tell the Col. good shooting!!!!!

Eye Cutter
06-18-2008, 09:45
astig talaga si alex! ang bait pa niyan!

Allegra
06-18-2008, 09:53
astig talaga si alex! ang bait pa niyan!

hehe he still looks too young to be a colonel

9MX
06-18-2008, 09:59
yep. lufit talaga ni col. sintin. sa bolt ba tumama? puwede niya na isama sa mga trophy niya, nice conversation piece

edtf
06-18-2008, 17:07
hehe he still looks too young to be a colonel

YUP muhang bata nga siya - in fact mukhang seklista nga siya - skinny and fit :)

Tama ka Doc. Mukhang mabait. Lagi nakangiti. Looks like he treated the boys for lunch. Mabait sa atin malupit sa criminals :)

Sir 9MX not sure where it hit but luckily it wasn't a rifle round if not lusot daw!

jawel
06-18-2008, 18:18
i dunno if you guys also heard about adonis dumpit from cebu, i also heard a story that he got saved by the delta ring of his m-16 rifle, during an encounter in mactan. when the bg fired a 357 magnum bullet in his direction it hit the delta ring of his rifle when he was aiming it at the bg.

kudos to these kind of officers

Chie
06-20-2008, 00:10
Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/24225

atmarcella
06-20-2008, 09:33
he thought his gun jammed - he checked it. there was a hole on the upper receiver and when he looked on the other side - it didn't go through but dented the other side of the receiver

nagamit nya pa rifle nya? or nag pistol na sya?

edtf
06-20-2008, 18:41
nagamit nya pa rifle nya? or nag pistol na sya?

initial volley lang then nagjam. That is one thing I forgot to ask him. If he transitioned to pistol or he just sat it out. Knowing the guy he transitioned to pistol and made sure those guys got pulverized

BTW, his group killed three more robbers 2 nights ago this time Novaliches area. Boy his group is pretty busy ridding QC of scum :2gun:

atmarcella
06-21-2008, 01:42
galeng!

Allegra
06-21-2008, 01:49
...ano nga ba ulit yun.....ipsc will get you killed?? haha
Itanong nga natin ke Alex

edtf
06-21-2008, 01:57
...ano nga ba ulit yun.....ipsc will get you killed?? haha
Itanong nga natin ke Alex

hahahaha.... isa lang masasabi ko - buo loob ng tao. Pero bakit ganon hindi siya mukhang Col. karamihan ng Coronel kilala ko malaki tiyan :supergrin:

He was nominated for 10 best PNP officers or something like that.

Best wishes for the guy. May he be protected when he goes to harms way and may he keep a straight path.

Eye Cutter
06-21-2008, 09:49
yeah! ipsc IS just a game, but it trains you to shoot straight fast and accurately... diligentia, vis, celeritas... accuracy, power, speed.

who'd you rather have beside you when the **** hits the fan? an ipsc shooter or a mall ninja?

Allegra
06-21-2008, 10:28
yeah! ipsc IS just a game, but it trains you to shoot straight fast and accurately... diligentia, vis, celeritas... accuracy, power, speed.

who'd you rather have beside you when the **** hits the fan? an ipsc shooter or a mall ninja?

Doc ha , naghahanap ka ng away haha

Another terrifying prospect sa ganyan is being accidentally shot by one of your own guys kung wala muzzle discipline

Eye Cutter
06-21-2008, 10:37
wahahaha! ang motto natin ay "sayonachi!"

krinkov
06-24-2008, 12:29
Wow, I met Alex while he was still shooting a Bulstorm 9mm while he was still with Trust Trade. Quite a while back. Never doubted his skills saka "koboy" talaga yan!