Anyone else get voted in [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get voted in

JayPap
06-18-2008, 12:05
Well it's voting season around here.

I made it to the East and look forward to installation in October.

Anyone else?

jetboatdriver
06-19-2008, 21:53
Voted in Chapter and Council (ES and IPC)
Appointed SD in the Blue

Highball
06-20-2008, 09:38
Congratulations to both of you. I just recieved my first degree last Thursday at Beacon #3 in the St. Louis area. Got to do the ritual before elections so I had the opportunity to sit through the elections. I look forward to doing my next two degrees in the coming months after break & taking an active roll in Lodge.

G19Wino
06-20-2008, 10:38
I will move up to the South next meeting. I think I have my part memorized already :supergrin:.

JayPap
06-20-2008, 20:10
Highball, thanks and congratulations to you also.

The more involved you are the more you will get out of the fraternity.

As far as your screen name, I'll drink to that.:drink:

Chuck66
06-20-2008, 22:41
I have been defacto selected as secretary beginning next year. I stepped in to fill the JD's spot and was unceremoniously installed 2 months ago when he failed to show up for the first 3 meetings following his installation.

Then, the secretary announced he would resign effective Jan '09, and I started filling in last month for him while he does some summertime stuff with his kids, so everyone told me what a good job I did a couple weeks ago, and that I might just as well be the next secretary. Hope it's fun, because apparently it's mine. :shocked:

06-24-2008, 06:22
I will be in the East next year and I will have my hands full.

We are in the process of selling our old building and then building a new one.

Sometimes it is worse that governmental bureaucracy to get anything don in a timely manner!!

So the building should be started here in a few months and sometime next spring we should be in the building.

I will be kind of cool to be the first Master in the new building!

Maybe Iíll get o dedicate it!!!!!

waynewatson
06-27-2008, 08:17
JS
3rd Vail
KT drill team

MarcoPolo
07-01-2008, 10:47
Treasurer...again.

Congrats to my brethren moving into the chairs. May peace and harmony prevail!

zoyter2
07-03-2008, 23:11
WM of Anniston Fraternal 700.

I have been "acting WM" since January but now it's official.

We have just moved out of our old building, into another lodge here in town.

Everything seems to be going smoothly with our rental agreement and we are saving a ton of money. If we can just sell that old building, we will have it made!

Lots of work to do, the most important task is one of the most unpleasant, that being handling a constant trouble maker in our lodge. It will eventually come to charges, but I can't help but dread the process, even with this person.

JayPap
07-05-2008, 08:29
Zoyter2, it sounds like you have your hands full it's not easy to move we've seen it all around us.

As far as the trouble maker that stinks I don't know what his problems are
but it can be difficult when some have their own agenda.

Good luck, I've read some of your posts in the past it seems like you have your act together and I'm sure you will be fine.

mmsig229
07-06-2008, 05:19
This year was my first time in the East. You guys have no idea how much work is involved!!!!!! you may THINK you do, but believe me you don't. It's like hearding cats trying to get things done!!!

07-07-2008, 06:27
mmsig29, aw man, don't do that to me! I will be in the East in December and I have been telling my wife that it wont be that bad. She's not happy that I took this on right now with 2 little kids and all.

Why's it so difficult?

She's gonna kill me!!!!

neil
07-19-2008, 07:44
I had just been informed that I was voted in a few hours ago. Im looking forward to the coming months as I try to earn my degrees.:)

filthy infidel
07-27-2008, 08:04
I was pleasantly surprised to see a Masons' forum here!

At JJ Crowder #743 in Raleigh, NC all officers 'move up' a chair ever few Stateds, exepting the WM of course.

I'm due to be JD next month, should be easy enough.