Things Your Parents Didn't Let You Do (But You Let Your Kids Do) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Things Your Parents Didn't Let You Do (But You Let Your Kids Do)

Duncan223
06-21-2008, 07:51
And now for something completly different...

Things Your Parents Didn't Let You Do (But You Let Your Kids Do)

#1 - Watch Monty Python's Flying Circus

my parents did not get the show, and when the "wizz" on the Bible comment was made, they went CRAAAZZZYYYY

#2 - Watch Saturday Night Live

my parents, again, did not get the show...

#3 - Go To Rock Concerts

my parents were brainwashed into believing that rock music was the work of the devil/satan/the anti-christ... what-ev-er!

#4 - Watch Miami Vice

when my parents watched the show, they thought the women where hookers... duh... they were under cover cops POSING as hookers... oh, wait, there might have been real wh0rs on Miami Vice... and now that I think about it, there were a couple of actors that did some pretty degrading things to make money...

http://i32.tinypic.com/qpo5rb.jpg

itsnitro
06-21-2008, 08:10
[B][COLOR="Red"]
#3 - Go To Rock Concerts

my parents were brainwashed into believing that rock music was the work of the devil/satan/the anti-christ... what-ev-er!

http://forgottenboy.goldminemag.com/content/binary/kiss_destroyer.jpg

Mine was watch Beavis & Butt-Head....but they got over it and let me watch it again.

A old neighbor / friend wasn't allowed to watch the Simpson's..... :dunno:

mitchshrader
06-21-2008, 08:24
My parents allowed TV, I don't, havn't for 30+ years.

My parents ate white bread sometimes.. i've forgotten the year i bought some last..

My mom would buy margerine.. I havn't tasted it in 2 decades I don't think..

My dad never admitted his errors or indulgences...

my kids know i partee, hell, i got a COVEY of ex's.. and HISTORY..

ain't like it'd be worth trying to hide it..

My mother taught school (including me) .. I home schooled my daughters.. successfully I might add.

My dad really liked cornbread and red beans, and fried potatoes, and most other traditional okie food.. i'm a cream and butter and french/chinese with suthron baking on top eclectic cook anything kinda guy, with his (2nd) deep freeze on the way.. :) now i am sorta similar to my old man in the food storage department.. he Did have groceries at hand.

But generations twist and turn, they don't much break. You'll do it different, your way.. but it'll be a fun house reflection of what you were raised with..

StogieStang
06-21-2008, 08:58
A old neighbor / friend wasn't allowed to watch the Simpson's..... :dunno:

I wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons. It might have been because when I was about 7, about the time the Simpsons first came out, I volunteered to say pray at dinner. I said a Bart Simpson prayer of Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub. That went over like a lead balloon. :outtahere:

vafish
06-23-2008, 07:59
My parents wouldn't get Cable TV. I've got FIOS and a few hundred channels.

Jazz5
06-23-2008, 11:21
Be a kid!