opencarry.org and mississippi [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : opencarry.org and mississippi

CentralMsGunFan
06-23-2008, 23:34
This is prob something that has been talked about here, but i dont remember seeing anything. Opencarry.org (http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html) has mississippi listed as a licensed open carry state. Can somebody make this clear to me?

Are they saying maybe that carrying a gun in a holster is concealed?

CentralMsGunFan
06-23-2008, 23:37
This is prob something that has been talked about here, but i dont remember seeing anything. Opencarry.org (http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html) has mississippi listed as a licensed open carry state. Can somebody make this clear to me?

Are they saying maybe that carrying a gun in a holster is concealed?

ok i looked more at the site this is what it says,

"the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi"

is this info correct?

para40
06-24-2008, 08:23
ok i looked more at the site this is what it says,

"the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi"

is this info correct?

Not to me. See Ms. Code #45-9-101.
#18 - last part

Hope this helps. :cool:

CentralMsGunFan
06-24-2008, 08:43
Not to me. See Ms. Code #45-9-101.
#18 - last part

Hope this helps. :cool:

there really needs to be more clearity in all this stuff. Remember when Jackon's mayor went through all that crap a year or so a go. He was carrying a gun in a holster and got busted for carrying a concealed weapon. So i dunno. I read the code you gave, seems clear. however, the AG says there is no such thing as open carry in Mississippi. Because carrying in a holster is concealing the pistol "inpart". I just wish we had some clearer laws about this...honestly i just wish they would make open carry legal. =)

xd357
06-24-2008, 09:37
there really needs to be more clearity in all this stuff. Remember when Jackon's mayor went through all that crap a year or so a go. He was carrying a gun in a holster and got busted for carrying a concealed weapon. So i dunno. I read the code you gave, seems clear. however, the AG says there is no such thing as open carry in Mississippi. Because carrying in a holster is concealing the pistol "inpart". I just wish we had some clearer laws about this...honestly i just wish they would make open carry legal. =)

me to