Hunting Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Question

07-06-2002, 22:03
I live in Texas and I was wondering would it be legal for me to hunt birds or other game animals with a Benelli M1 with pistol grip. And where would I look to see if its legal?

Arbee
07-07-2002, 00:06
Any place that sells hunting & fishing licenses will have the state's rule book on hunting. It's free. Just ask if they don't have them stacked on the counter.

rfb45colt
07-07-2002, 00:11
Try the web site for the Texas Dept of Natural Resources (or whatever it's called there). I doubt if the pistol grip makes any differance (but you'd better check)... but magazine capacity certainly does. Federal rules limit you to 3 shots when hunting any migratory birds... including all waterfowl, doves, and woodcock... so you'll need a plug in the magazine to limit it to two shots (one in the chamber makes three). Your State rules may or not do the same on other gamebirds like quail. Mine doesn't... but each State has it's own rules & regs.

BTW, in the special spring snow goose hunts, the 3 shot rule (and the ban against electronic calls) have been suspended by the USFW service.