helmet lights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : helmet lights

emrgnc
06-26-2008, 15:39
Anyone else use the Foxfury lights? I have the Command 20 and the Performance Fire Fighter lights and love them. Iv used several different lights over the yrs. from Pelican and Streamlight to Garrity. They all worked well, but the Foxfury lights take it to a whole new level.

RyanNREMTP
06-26-2008, 17:57
When I fought fires I just carried a Garrity light, last one I bought was a LED version. They were cheap and easy to replace when they fall off. Of course lights have come a big way since I retired.

watson0179
06-27-2008, 09:11
One of my old partners had a Foxfury it was amazingly bright, but it didnt he was not able to raise his face shield all the way up. It unfortunately "walked away" one day and was never seen again. I have a pelican 2041 led and it is awesome to.

emrgnc
06-27-2008, 12:58
One of my old partners had a Foxfury it was amazingly bright, but it didnt he was not able to raise his face shield all the way up. It unfortunately "walked away" one day and was never seen again. I have a pelican 2041 led and it is awesome to.

That sux that someone walked off with it...Thought you could trust the guys in your own house...
I don't have a shield, I have Burks and ESS goggles.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/emrgnc/gt.jpg

Da-Squad
06-28-2008, 07:37
Just a thought from an "old-fart". Remember when you have those helmet lights on to watch where you are aiming them. On more than a few fires I got blinded by one of those "light sabers" when a firefighter would be talking to you or walking towards you. Just a few examples of many but I`m sure you know what I mean. Those lights have come a long way and our extremely bright now. :cool:

fjnardo
06-29-2008, 18:12
For years I have used the old disposable helmet lights. They are cheap and worked well went they weren't melted. Though, some of these new ones have caught my eye.

emrgnc
07-05-2008, 20:49
For years I have used the old disposable helmet lights. They are cheap and worked well went they weren't melted. Though, some of these new ones have caught my eye.

Iv had several dozen Garity "Disposable" lights. For what they cost... $1.99 at wal-mart...You cant beat it. Like you said they melt real easy. You get two or three small house fires per light....As i said , I still carr a streamlight survivor on my coat out of habit but my Helmet light is what I rely on.

tbhracing
07-13-2008, 03:40
I love anything by Pelican- www.pelican.com

And a great light holder- www.blackjackholder.com/