New York License question, Glock conversion.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New York License question, Glock conversion..

skystud1
06-28-2008, 18:39
If I order a advantage arms 22 conversion, do I need a new amendment for my NY license.

mojonixon
06-28-2008, 19:33
i was wondering the same thing, but i think not as its the serial on the frame that makes the gun.

skystud1
06-28-2008, 21:32
I heard any caliber conversion needs another amendment.

marsan
06-29-2008, 09:18
If I order a advantage arms 22 conversion, do I need a new amendment for my NY license.

My license is State of New York, County of Suffolk. Plastic License with Photo. On the reverse side it lists: Number of Guns, Mfg, Mod, Cal, Type, Ser.#

I would check with the Pistol License Section at your issuing Agency. If you're carrying a different caliber than is on your license, you may be in violation.

ithaca_deerslayer
07-01-2008, 10:52
Here is my non-lawyer wild guess.

The NYS pistol permit allows you to carry a pistol. The specific pistols you can carry, and where you can carry, are part of your terms for having the permit. If you violate the terms of your permit (such as carrying a different caliber than listed), it is likely just an administrative violation that could cause losing the permit. But it wouldn't be a NYS firearms violation.

Again, just my opinion.

jjamdj
07-04-2008, 19:45
That depends in what county because Westchester county there is no full carry only target and hunting and thats carry to and from range only. In westchester county you would have to fill out a ammendment sheet for the 22 conversion kit if it has different serial numbers.

tc556guy
07-25-2008, 06:38
As with the Thompson Contender, you don't need to have every caliber conversion/ spare barrel listed on your permit. The serialized frame with the original caliber the weapon arrived in will be adequate.

jlday70
08-08-2008, 18:04
As with the Thompson Contender, you don't need to have every caliber conversion/ spare barrel listed on your permit. The serialized frame with the original caliber the weapon arrived in will be adequate.

I agree. It is the serial Number that matters.