Hooray!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hooray!!

Romadoc
06-30-2008, 22:20
It's 12:01 July,1,2008. Georgians can now legally carry in restaurants serving alcahol (although you cannot imbibe) as well as on MARTA and other public transport. It's indeed a great day. Congratulations and thanks to all who labored so hard and long for this.

NC Bullseye
06-30-2008, 23:18
Congrats and I hope we're not too far behind on the restaurant change!

One question though, what about carry in the restrooms of the interstate rest areas? Does that change with the new law? Ya know the older you get the more your priorities change!!!!

Warp
07-01-2008, 06:52
Congrats and I hope we're not too far behind on the restaurant change!

One question though, what about carry in the restrooms of the interstate rest areas? Does that change with the new law? Ya know the older you get the more your priorities change!!!!

No, that does not change.

The publicly owned/operated buildings clause remains.

bradp
07-02-2008, 16:33
You mean after the law passed, gunfire didn't erupt on marta & in restaurants? Amazing I thought the guns would come out of the holsters by themselves and start shooting innocent people and children.:upeyes: I'm glad that passed for you guys, I wish it were that way when I lived in Conyers.

EX1851
07-05-2008, 19:15
were can i find the informatio that says where HB98 allows you to officially carry? like parks are those legal now or are they considered off limits because people gather there?

Warp
07-06-2008, 14:36
were can i find the informatio that says where HB98 allows you to officially carry? like parks are those legal now or are they considered off limits because people gather there?

That's the "beauty" of Georgia law. Nobody really knows.

The attorney general's non legally binding opinion says that a public gathering is a place where people gather at a specific place and time for a specific purpose. Or something like that. So if you jsut go to the park, not a public gathering off limits. If there is any kind of event or seminar or show, off limits. Now, whether that applies to only where the event or seminar or show is or the entire park...even if you are miles away from the people and don't know about it...is also unknown.