Hiking in Max Patch NC, can I carry there? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hiking in Max Patch NC, can I carry there?

bigjim
07-01-2008, 10:55
Hi guys.

I'll be visiting my brother in Marshall, NC for the holiday weekend and he wants to go hiking at a place called Max Patch, which is apparently part of the Appalachian Trail. My question is, who exactly owns/maintains this mountain area, is it state, federal, or private land, and can I carry there under North Carolina law?

I have not been able to find anything specific about this in my searches. I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me a heads up. I hate to be without a pistol in the woods, but I intend to follow the law, right after I find out what it is.

waterdude
07-01-2008, 17:15
Hey, Max Patch is in Pisgah National Forest, and Pisgah National forest is a state maintained gameland. It is legal to carry a sidearm, but it cannot be a larger caliber than .22lr and the barrel must be shorter than 7 and some odd inches.You can find the info on the wildlife commision website. It may take a little while to find it.

bigjim
07-02-2008, 23:19
Hey, Max Patch is in Pisgah National Forest, and Pisgah National forest is a state maintained gameland. It is legal to carry a sidearm, but it cannot be a larger caliber than .22lr and the barrel must be shorter than 7 and some odd inches.You can find the info on the wildlife commision website. It may take a little while to find it.

Exactly what I needed. Thank you.