Cobb County license wait time? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cobb County license wait time?

TenMillimeter
07-01-2008, 14:35
What irony - on this wonderful day for all of us, I pull out my GFL, and discover that it had expired 3 months ago. I am kicking myself, and feeling like a complete moron. For some reason, I had it in my mind that I had almost a year left.

So, I take off work early and head over to the Cobb Probate Court to get a new license. It's killing me to know that now I can't carry for possibly 3 months, and I am extremely glad that in the last 3 months I didn't have to show my license.

Anyone get one recently, and what was your wait time?

bankerrkt
07-01-2008, 20:50
My memory is that it took me 30 days but that was four years ago. I hope you don't have to wait 90 days. Cobb County is usually real good when it comes to turnaround times for licenses that they control. Good luck.

LABMAN
07-02-2008, 16:35
What irony - on this wonderful day for all of us, I pull out my GFL, and discover that it had expired 3 months ago. I am kicking myself, and feeling like a complete moron. For some reason, I had it in my mind that I had almost a year left.

So, I take off work early and head over to the Cobb Probate Court to get a new license. It's killing me to know that now I can't carry for possibly 3 months, and I am extremely glad that in the last 3 months I didn't have to show my license.

Anyone get one recently, and what was your wait time?

Part of the changes in the new law that went into effect on July 1st was to shorten up the time for the judge & all related parties to speed up the time to process everything...30 days to process info from fingerprints and 2 days to get answer back to judge...looks like time should be around 35 days for everything...

TenMillimeter
07-02-2008, 17:36
Whew, that's a relief. Since I thought my license was current, I had skimmed over that part of the new law.

Thanks for the info.

lhuff
07-03-2008, 15:12
Someone on GeorgiaPacking.org (http://georgiapacking.org) said Cobb County is now 6 days. Here is a link (http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15240) to the thread with the message.

Dexters
07-03-2008, 17:55
Thanks for the post - mine expires in Jan 09

FillYerHands
07-08-2008, 11:24
My last one a year ago took 3 weeks. YMMV.

TenMillimeter
07-18-2008, 14:47
OP here again. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an envelope today, 17 days after I applied.

It's been a very strange 17 days, not carrying. I kept "fixing" my belt, and shirt tail every time I stood up, my belt and pants have been too loose, and I felt naked.

It's good to be back in the saddle again. I'm so tempted to open carry into a restaurant that serves tonight, but I think I'll just keep it concealed. It'll feel so good to not have to worry about printing anymore.