Reloading Supplies - Cincinnati Area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Supplies - Cincinnati Area

Joe Tactical
07-03-2008, 16:31
Looking for a little help from some folks in the Cincinnati area. Are there any local shops that have reasonable prices on powder and primers? I haven't seen much in the shops I have visited.

Thanks in advance.

Old Coastie
07-03-2008, 19:54
I am sure others more knowledgeable will come along to help answer your question, but here is my opinion.

If you know what you want I would got to Shooters Supply Shop in Loveland. They are on Loveland Madeira Road. They do not stock much in the way of reloading supplies, but will order what you want. In general, they have the best prices in the area.

I can't help with who might stock various components. The two best places have been history for years. Any more, if I want to look before I buy, I go to one of the local gun shows. There are usually several vendors with a decent selection of components.

Good shooting.

Joe Tactical
07-04-2008, 08:00
Thanks Coastie. I am not in a rush so I will probably just wait for the next show.

I agree wiht you on Shooters in Loveland, they have great prices and great people.

garymolly1
07-04-2008, 10:58
Have you checked at BassPro Shop off of 275 w .

Joe Tactical
07-05-2008, 19:58
Good point about Bass Pro, I haven't been there for a while and last time I was, I wasn't looking for any reloading stuff.

Old Coastie
07-05-2008, 20:13
The last time I was there, I could not find anything at all for reloading. Of course my wife says I am incapable of finding my socks if they are on my feet. Oh well.

Good shooting.

CincyBrad
07-06-2008, 12:07
The Shooters Supply over in Independence Kentucky used to have some, might want to call ahead though. They have an excellent indoor range also, best in this area hands down.

RWBlue
07-06-2008, 13:04
I have not been impressed with local shot for bullets, primers, powder.

I buy test powders,bullets, primers locally when I can. But usually I buy large quantities online. Even with shipping it is more cost effective.

Joe Tactical
07-06-2008, 14:04
Thanks Brad - I will check Shooters. I have been wanting to take a look there anyway.

RWB - I am starting to get the picture, not much locally and that mail order may be the way to go.

RWBlue
07-06-2008, 21:00
I should state that I am loading some odd ball stuff.

If you are loading more normal stuff you will have some better luck.

i.e.
240gr .308 SMK (I couldn't find them online for a while. I finally had to buy 500 bullet lot. Now I can find them at a couple locations and in smaller quantities)
221 Fireball brass (I searched high and low until Cabelas of all places came up with it.)
Russian primers (I have learned to love these.)
My powder collection is getting rather large. I need to thin it down.

shadow_dog
07-09-2008, 03:08
Bass Pro only had some powder and primers the last time I was in there. I visit several shops in the area. None of them have a decent reloading component selection IMO. I hate going to the "gun shows". I usually order my bullets from Berrys Mfg. I get my primers at Target World and powder when they have what I need.

FWIW, when I am in Columbus, I go by Vances and check what they have. To the south, in Lexington, they have a Sportsman Warehouse. The selection is pretty good there. I stop there any time I'm going down 75.

Racsan
07-09-2008, 09:24
Is Country Attic Antiques still in South Lebanon?

They used to carry reloading supplies.

Joe Tactical
07-09-2008, 18:18
I am going to head out to Country Attic on Saturday to see what they have (I called and they do have an assortment of stuff) and I'll probably also swing by Target World since I haven't been there for a while.

I did make it to Shooter's Supply in KY and they had a good selection of powder along with bullets and dies. I picked up some primers so it was a good trip.

Joe Tactical
07-09-2008, 18:20
Bass Pro only had some powder and primers the last time I was in there. I visit several shops in the area. None of them have a decent reloading component selection IMO. I hate going to the "gun shows". I usually order my bullets from Berrys Mfg. I get my primers at Target World and powder when they have what I need.

FWIW, when I am in Columbus, I go by Vances and check what they have. To the south, in Lexington, they have a Sportsman Warehouse. The selection is pretty good there. I stop there any time I'm going down 75.

I thought about Vances but didn't know about Sportsman's in Lexington, I will swing by next time I am down there.

shadow_dog
07-09-2008, 19:41
I thought about Vances but didn't know about Sportsman's in Lexington, I will swing by next time I am down there.

I'm going to stop on 07-20 on my way back from the Ga GSSF shoot. I have been there 3 times and they have a better selection than anything in the SW Ohio area IMO.