Glipsc 7-3-08 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 7-3-08

TreehugginGlock
07-03-2008, 19:07
Man, was this a fun IDPA style shoot or what. We had a small crowd but that made it even more fun since we were able to reshoot several times, if we wanted to. Very happy to see a new shooter in our group and of course, we missed some of our regulars but holiday weekends do sometimes get in the way.

We call this course of fire, "Not On My Plane"

Scenario: You are the pilot on a UPS plane. You are seated in the cockpit with your back to the targets with your gun and loaded magazine in the "Federally approved lock box" (cardboard box). At the sound of the buzzer, you stand up from the chair (the cockpit), round around to the "lock box" to retreive your weapon that is sitting on a barrell. You load your weapon and fire at 3 targets in tactical sequence (engage each target once before re-engaging. 1-1-3-2-2 with the final round count on each target being 3. Then you perform a tactical reload or reload with retention (do not drop the mag) and make your way across the room (out of the plane & into the loading zone) where you encounter 2 more paper targets (bad guys) and 2 metal targets. Shoot the 2 paper targets 3 times each and knock down the metal - all free style.

This stage had lots of things to think about. order of shooting, number of rounds in each target, retaining the mag and moving....translation...lots of fun.

He's how it all shook out:

John W 30.01
Eric B 35.88
Leigh Ann J 37.75
Adam H 47.89

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. Come out and play with us some time. We'd love to have you join us. You never know what style we're going to be shooting. If you have a suggestion, please let us know. We are always interested in new ideas.

Enjoy your weekend...buckle up and count your blessings. We live in an amazingly wonderful country! And we owe our freedoms to patriots who owned guns. Thank you to those brave men and women who defend our country and thank you, Supreme Court, too!
:patriot::grill:

45gunner
07-03-2008, 19:43
Man, was this a fun IDPA style shoot or what. We had a small crowd but that made it even more fun since we were able to reshoot several times, if we wanted to. Very happy to see a new shooter in our group and of course, we missed some of our regulars but holiday weekends do sometimes get in the way.

We call this course of fire, "Not On My Plane"

Scenario: You are the pilot on a UPS plane. You are seated in the cockpit with your back to the targets with your gun and loaded magazine in the "Federally approved lock box" (cardboard box). At the sound of the buzzer, you stand up from the chair (the cockpit), round around to the "lock box" to retreive your weapon that is sitting on a barrell. You load your weapon and fire at 3 targets in tactical sequence (engage each target once before re-engaging. 1-1-3-2-2 with the final round count on each target being 3. Then you perform a tactical reload or reload with retention (do not drop the mag) and make your way across the room (out of the plane & into the loading zone) where you encounter 2 more paper targets (bad guys) and 2 metal targets. Shoot the 2 paper targets 3 times each and knock down the metal - all free style.

This stage had lots of things to think about. order of shooting, number of rounds in each target, retaining the mag and moving....translation...lots of fun.

He's how it all shook out:

John W 30.01
Eric B 35.88
Leigh Ann J 37.75
Adam H 47.89

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. Come out and play with us some time. We'd love to have you join us. You never know what style we're going to be shooting. If you have a suggestion, please let us know. We are always interested in new ideas.

Enjoy your weekend...buckle up and count your blessings. We live in an amazingly wonderful country! And we owe our freedoms to patriots who owned guns. Thank you to those brave men and women who defend our country and thank you, Supreme Court, too!
:patriot::grill:

Yee ha.

Lets all go out and celebrate our 2nd Amendment freedom this fourth of July.

Crazy4nitro
07-03-2008, 22:07
Great Times tonight..it had been 9 weeks since I had Fired my G23 due to Vacation/travel/Home Chores. I felt pretty good,better then I expected actually. I had been to the Range in that time frame. I had been shooting my Revolvers and my Marlin .45-70.:50cal:
I'm Ruined.

Now...Next week I'm bringing my Wheelgun just incase..
Grab your Wheelie,lets rock!....I'll bring Extra Ammo if someone might wanna shoot mine during the String.

'Nitro

cwshootersupply
07-05-2008, 19:52
I missed because of family in town. Try to do it next time.

45gunner
07-05-2008, 22:33
I missed because of family in town. Try to do it next time.

We missed you. We thought the Misses may not let you come out and play anymore.:supergrin:

Crazy4nitro
07-09-2008, 10:23
Anyone gonna bring a Wheelgun or an I gonna be the only one.

'Nitro

TreehugginGlock
07-09-2008, 10:35
Anyone gonna bring a Wheelgun or an I gonna be the only one.

'NitroI think you'll be the only moon over Bluegrass Thursday night. Only one I have is my grandfather's old Colt 32 Police issue. It's really horrible to shoot so I'll stick to my Glock.

KYgundoc
07-09-2008, 15:38
Hey all I droped a block of steel on my foot this week at work. I am working in a boot that lets me hobble around only. I could probably set up the match if I had a couple of hours to do it. I guess I am going to need some help around 5:30 if anyone can make it. Let me know or should we just call it.
DF

Crazy4nitro
07-09-2008, 15:49
I can be there to help but if interest is low then I totally understand...During the Summer session it seemed that attendance was kinda low last year. Either way,I hope your foot heals 100% and no need to Stress yourself for a Dumb ol'e shoot.

TreeHuggin' I'll have my Glock with me,have no fear.

'Nitro

Berretta9
07-09-2008, 16:49
I'll be there. I can help.

cwshootersupply
07-09-2008, 19:59
Me and XD be there

TreehugginGlock
07-09-2008, 20:12
I'll try to get there around 5:30, too.

Gosh, sounds like we will have a nice sized crowd coming out to play, after all. We might even have some new shooters again, too. Hope so.

See you all there.

KyGunDoc, if your foots hurts too much, don't push it. I've been in one of those stylish boots before and it's really no fun. We can put something together. We can even design a match shooting from a seated position in your honor, if you make it. Berretta's an RO and so is Gunner. Just let us know if you'll be able to make it or not.

P.S. Berretta.....scoresheets....we need scoresheets....thanks, buddy.

Berretta9
07-09-2008, 20:54
I'll take care of the sheets