Pentax K200D [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pentax K200D

Ramjet38
07-05-2008, 10:18
I've been thinking of getting the new Pentax K200D. Anyone have one...opinions? Right now until the 26th of July they are having a rebate of $100 off the camera body. I already have lenses from my old Pentax ZX-7.
Time to move up to a digital SLR.

I also need a good camera shake buffer. Can't hold them steady anymore. :supergrin:

nipperwolf
07-05-2008, 10:37
I already have lenses from my old Pentax ZX-7.

Have you verified that they will function (AF and exposure) on the K200D?

Ramjet38
07-05-2008, 11:08
Have you verified that they will function (AF and exposure) on the K200D?

All the specs and reviews that I have read, says that it will function with any of the older AF K-mount lenses. That's about all I can rely on without actually trying it out. Any other suggestion that I might check into?
Thanks

nipperwolf
07-06-2008, 06:38
You're good to go. Pentax's web site says it'll work with your lenses. I was just making sure you did your homework. :supergrin:

Many people went out and bought Nikon D40s, then found out that their older lenses wouldn't AF, because they didn't do their homework. ;)

Ramjet38
07-06-2008, 07:50
You're good to go. Pentax's web site says it'll work with your lenses. I was just making sure you did your homework. :supergrin:

Many people went out and bought Nikon D40s, then found out that their older lenses wouldn't AF, because they didn't do their homework. ;)

I know what you mean. I just had a friend buy a Nikon D40 and I asked him if he could use his old AF lenses and he said no. That's what I wanted to avoid on a new camera. I really didn't want to start all over and buy everything again. I would have just stuck to a digital point & shoot and my old SLR for film. Thanks for your responses. :wavey: