Missouri Get Together [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Get Together

srothman
07-05-2008, 15:21
I was able to reserve the class room at Top Gun, in Imperial, Mo, for us to use.

The date is Monday July 14, at 6:30 pm. If you have not been to Top Gun, it is great place. They have a large selection, with some of the best prices in town. The staff is a great goup of people who love what they do. Most of them are either involved in competitive shooting or teaching, and some do both.

If you have any questions you can check their website www.topgunss.com.

If you are going to attend please send me an email @ srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. This way I can get an idea of how many people will be going. I will also bring "snacks" from one of my business's.

I am looking forward to meeting people who share the same interest and hobby.

srothman
07-08-2008, 16:40
So far I have only heard from one person.

Anyone else interested?

Reb 56
07-11-2008, 13:45
Does'nt appear to be much interest shown so far. Too bad after you went to all the trouble to set this up.

srothman
07-14-2008, 11:01
Looks like it may just be the two of us. I will be there by 7 pm at the latest.

If anyone else has any interest in meeting tonight at Top Gun, please let me know.

Thanks

srothman
07-16-2008, 16:46
To those who missed it, it was a lot of fun.

I brought my Gemini Customs full custom dragon skin for everyone to shoot, and even paid for all the ammunition in my guns.

I also had my Miller Custom commander in 9mm, and Wilson CQB.

We are going to try and do it again at the end of August. Hopefully we will get a few more people. What works best for everyone in St. Louis, or anywhere near who wants to go shooting?

Who knows what I will find in my safe to bring? Maybe a few NFA items, possible some other true full custom 1911's, or possible a few custom wheel guns? You are just going to have to show up to find out.

Anyone who goes is more than welcome to shoot any of the guns I bring. Where else will you get an invitation to shoot some of the best custom 1911's on the market, wheelguns, or maybe even a silencer (assuming they are legal by then, depending on the date), or maybe even a full auto?

I will try and do it the week of August 18 or August 25. I will see in the beginning of August what works best for the range, and let everyone know.

Reb 56
07-16-2008, 20:00
I was there and had a great time,shot some of the finest pistols I've only read about. Cookies were good also. just wanted to say thanks.

ipfreely123
07-25-2008, 10:19
sorry that i missed it. I am embarressed to say that i have not checked the midwest forum in a couple weeks. I was out of town when you guys met but I am glad to hear you guys had fun.

V8Astro Captain
07-25-2008, 10:31
I should check here more often. I'd like to meet up. I went to topgun for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. Great facility and a great staff.

Aug 18th or 25th works for me...

srothman
07-25-2008, 10:56
I will talk to Top Gun and see when the class room is available for us to meet.

I have been to many different shops and ranges all over the country, and Top Gun is the BEST! They have fair prices, huge selection, and a great staff.

I will try and make it at least three or four weeks out, so more people can try and make it.

Reb 56
07-26-2008, 23:12
I will be there next time will bring more pistols and buy ammo to make up for all your ammo I shot up. Loved the 9mm Commander good shooter.

allanteman
07-29-2008, 11:15
Next time post it over on AR15.com->Hometown->Missouri too.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=32

Lots of people over there.....I only check here a few times a month.

scottMO
08-01-2008, 22:35
Next time post it over on AR15.com->Hometown->Missouri too.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=32

Lots of people over there.....I only check here a few times a month.

+1. The KC area ARFCOM Crew gets together a few times a years at one of the local ranges. We also go out and eat quite often at Buffalo Wild Wings, and get together for movie nights both at someones house and also at the theater...

There are alot of STL area ARFCommer's as well.....

Reb 56
08-25-2008, 21:00
I will talk to Top Gun and see when the class room is available for us to meet.

I have been to many different shops and ranges all over the country, and Top Gun is the BEST! They have fair prices, huge selection, and a great staff.

I will try and make it at least three or four weeks out, so more people can try and make it.

Any interest in Aug or Sept get together at Top Gun? I can go most anytime.

srothman
08-25-2008, 21:02
I have been really busy at work. I will check with Top Gun, and see when we can use the class room to meet. It will probably either be a Mon. or Wed. night.

Easterbrook
08-26-2008, 13:54
I'd be interested. I was gone this summer so I couldn't make the July get together. Monday and Wednesday nights work well for me.

jjtroutbum
09-29-2008, 20:03
Tag for lurking later ...lol

srothman
11-02-2008, 11:58
Going to try and get together again tomorrow night, Mon 11/3 @ 7pm, at Top Gun in Imperial, MO.

If you are interested, please rsvp, srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net.

Hope you can make it.

woodhippy
12-31-2008, 00:31
Hey, I just joined the forum and live about an hour and a half from Imperial. I would be interested in getting together, what are the details? You can PM me and we can go from there. Thanks
I dont have a Glock yet, been building custom hunting and tactical rifles, but am venturing into handguns now.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/th_1022sandM9130019_edited.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/?action=view&current=1022sandM9130019_edited.jpg)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/th_1022sandM9130011_edited.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/?action=view&current=1022sandM9130011_edited.jpg)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/th_1022sandM9130001_edited.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/?action=view&current=1022sandM9130001_edited.jpg)http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/th_IM003550.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/Woodhippy/?action=view&current=IM003550.jpg)
Here are a few samples of my work. By the way, the camo rifle is a Mosin Nagant M91/30.

woodhippy
12-31-2008, 00:59
Years ago I had a stainless Ruger Security Six, Ruger Blackhawk in .44 mag., a stainless S&W 686 in .357 with the 73/4 inch barrel, but lost those in the divorce sale about 16 years ago.
A few months ago I bought one of those Hi Point JHP in .45acp, and it shoots ok, and I took some of the ugly out of it by stripping it and spraying desert tan Duracoat to the slide and grips. Next week my Kel Tec PF9 9mm will be in and I am looking forward to that. And I have decided my next handgun will be a Glock so I joined the forum to learn what I can before choosing which model will suit me. I did have a Springfield stainless Mil-Spec 1911 a couple years ago but my Dad had a stainless Mini-14 I really liked, and he liked the 1911 so we traded. I'll get me another good one.

blackbmw
01-04-2009, 22:31
throw me a message if you are planning a get together again, my roomies girlfriend just bought a g33 from there 2 days before christmas!

Hi Ball
07-15-2009, 07:12
Now are you kidding me, that place called TOP GUN has the crankiest Old Farts in the whole Jefferson County area. You can see the smoke cloud outside the door from the outter road. All attributed to those that step outside to light up for crying out lound..........STOP THE SMOKE OK!!! :shocked: :steamed:

Talk about lack of room! Well, lets not talk about that since they are opening up a Super Place down the road a piece. They are a big time KIMBER dealer too! You get better prices at BULLS-EYE on Manchester in St. Louis, MO.

Reb 56
07-15-2009, 14:06
Now are you kidding me, that place called TOP GUN has the crankiest Old Farts in the whole Jefferson County area. You can see the smoke cloud outside the door from the outter road. All attributed to those that step outside to light up for crying out lound..........STOP THE SMOKE OK!!! :shocked: :steamed:

Talk about lack of room! Well, lets not talk about that since they are opening up a Super Place down the road a piece. They are a big time KIMBER dealer too! You get better prices at BULLS-EYE on Manchester in St. Louis, MO.

You must be from California can't even smoke outside whats that about.

jjtroutbum
07-15-2009, 16:52
You must be from California can't even smoke outside whats that about.

:rofl: :smoking:

srothman
07-15-2009, 18:00

You are right.

I would much rather go to a dump in the middle of the ghetto, and worried about getting mugged going in. You know how many robberies Bulls-Eye has had in the past year?

You really should call, and verify what you said about pricing. I am talking about retail price, not the special prices Bulls-Eye gives to their regular guns.

I would love to know what brand and model gun Top Gun is more expensive on?

Hi Ball
07-16-2009, 18:40
Reb 56 & Srothman...........Hell No I am not from California!!!
I don't worry about the gang bangers that may be lerking 2 blocks down off Kingshighway from Bulls-Eye. Nor do I worry about what is around the Barnes Jewish hospital, when I have to take the wife down for a test. You sound to me like a young fellow who is afraid of his own shadow perhaps.

I don't worry about going over in the old Kerry Town area, Dog Town or the Italian Hill either, I ate lunch there today and was all over that area. I DO NOT LIVE MY LIFE IN FEAR UNDERSTAND. I carry a Glock in 10mm backed up with a .357 wheel gun. I grew up in the streets of St. Louis just so you know. I was not brought up on a leash and became street smart a long time ago.

Srothman.......Lets see, the last 2 GLOCKS I purchased, along with a Sig Sauer at Bulls EYE because the TOP GUN boys were $30 bucks higher and did not have the caliber in stock and didn't seem to want to get the pistols. I got night sights installed for $60 bucks extra not the $90 dollars I was quoted from Top Gun's owner. Bulls-Eye just gives better deals is what I am saying in my case anyway.

Now have you ever tried to trade at TOP GUN? Well, don't hold your breath pal. BullsEye will give you a much better deal on a trade.......Go and see for yourself! Jim ordered the guns and I got them in no more than 2 days period.:cool: :whistling:

Srothman...Now why don't YOU TELL US ALL, HOW MANY MUGGINGS AND SHOOTINGS HAVE TAKEN PLACE AT BULLS-EYE'S PLACE OF BUSINESS ......I sure want to read those stats OK. :upeyes:

I see more St. Louis cops hanging around Bulls-EYE than I do any place else in the area and that covers Mid-America too. Hey, lets not forget those muggings, robberies and shootings shall we.....Numbers Please!!!:dunno::dunno:

45 Carry
07-20-2009, 12:31
Today's the 1st time I checked this thread. been here since 2004. Lets do a Top Gun Thing at their new place when it opens.

Reb 56
07-24-2009, 23:09
Count me in just let us know when you want to have it.

srothman
07-28-2009, 00:28
Reb 56 & Srothman...........Hell No I am not from California!!!
I don't worry about the gang bangers that may be lerking 2 blocks down off Kingshighway from Bulls-Eye. Nor do I worry about what is around the Barnes Jewish hospital, when I have to take the wife down for a test. You sound to me like a young fellow who is afraid of his own shadow perhaps.

I don't worry about going over in the old Kerry Town area, Dog Town or the Italian Hill either, I ate lunch there today and was all over that area. I DO NOT LIVE MY LIFE IN FEAR UNDERSTAND. I carry a Glock in 10mm backed up with a .357 wheel gun. I grew up in the streets of St. Louis just so you know. I was not brought up on a leash and became street smart a long time ago.

Srothman.......Lets see, the last 2 GLOCKS I purchased, along with a Sig Sauer at Bulls EYE because the TOP GUN boys were $30 bucks higher and did not have the caliber in stock and didn't seem to want to get the pistols. I got night sights installed for $60 bucks extra not the $90 dollars I was quoted from Top Gun's owner. Bulls-Eye just gives better deals is what I am saying in my case anyway.

Now have you ever tried to trade at TOP GUN? Well, don't hold your breath pal. BullsEye will give you a much better deal on a trade.......Go and see for yourself! Jim ordered the guns and I got them in no more than 2 days period.:cool: :whistling:

Srothman...Now why don't YOU TELL US ALL, HOW MANY MUGGINGS AND SHOOTINGS HAVE TAKEN PLACE AT BULLS-EYE'S PLACE OF BUSINESS ......I sure want to read those stats OK. :upeyes:

I see more St. Louis cops hanging around Bulls-EYE than I do any place else in the area and that covers Mid-America too. Hey, lets not forget those muggings, robberies and shootings shall we.....Numbers Please!!!:dunno::dunno:

Maybe you need to look into some new glasses?

Top Gun Glock 17 $509.95
Bulls-Eye Glock is $520.00

Top Gun Saiga 12 w/ 19" barrel $619.95
Bulls-Eye Saiga 12 w/ 19" Barrel $700.00

These were prices from yesterday. Bulls-Eye also had the new Ruger LCR and they were asking $550.00. When I asked why so much and actually above MSRP, I was told some idiot would pay it! That price is higher than all of the ones listed on Gunbroker (except the ones with CT lasers).

Bulls-Eye also had a special on 9mm ammo, for $350.00 (they were not sure if it was steel or aluminum cased, but not brass). That is $17.50 a box of 50. Last week when I was shooting at Top Gun, they had PMC brass cased ammo for $11.50 a box.

As far as trading, I don't sell my guns. It does not matter what anyone does on trade-ins. This would probably explain why over 50% of the guns in the case at Bulls-Eye were used, and probably closer to 75%. I felt like I was in a pawn shop.

Like I said, Bulls-Eye has higher prices to the general public.

I am not even going to get started on the actual range, and condition, and compare the two!

Hi Ball
08-07-2009, 14:00
Now how many boxes of that ammo is TOP GUN going to sell you over the counter? Maybe 2 boxes and they want you to shoot it on their range!:wavey:

Hey, I have delt with both places and I got much better deal at BULL-EYE my dear man. I just purchased a KEL-TEC PF-9 for $265 dollars at Dunn's and that was a better price than either of those shooting range stores.

However, lets not skip over the subject of your last post Mr. Scrothman!
You tell me how many muggings, robberies and shootings have gone down at BULL EYE SHOOTING RANGE & GUN STORE!!! Then I will give a HOOT at what you print on this forum.......So far it has been LIES LIES LIES!!!:tongueout:

Reb 56
09-05-2009, 20:45
Anybody know when Top Gun will open the new Range?

KCtheKat
09-05-2009, 20:52
Anybody know when Top Gun will open the new Range?

Top Gun Indoor Range (Top Gun Shooting Sports) is projected to open for business at 9:00 AM on Saturday, September 5, 2009. The address is 4075 West Outer Road, Arnold, MO 63010

http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=320476#320476

www.topgunss.com . For details visit http://www.topgunss.com/gallery.htm . .

Reb 56
12-11-2009, 18:40
srothman haven't seen you posting lately wondering if you moved or just busy?