House of Cards? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards?

B+Shooter
07-09-2008, 19:41
I don't get too involved in this forum since so much of it is dominated by a few. I would like to point out that many of you have said some pretty derogatory comments about KPDL in the past, much of it directed at the fact that it (voluntarily) doesn't affiliate with IDPA/IPSC/etc.

I have been noticing lately that it seems that some of these other clubs seem to be folding like a house of cards, leaving many of those who have historically turned your noses up at KPDL less options for a range.
To those of you who shoot both KPDL and other clubs, sorry to hear that you're losing a home, I hope you can devote some more energy to improving the 'Creek home. You're always welcome.

To those of you who have turned your backs on the 'redneck' pistol club. I fully expect you all to show up with you tails between your legs looking for open arms. I, for one, do not look forward to a bunch of subversive ****-stirrers coming down to KPDL and trying to make it just like the last club you left.

If you want something different than KPDL, then drive somewhere else and find it, we're happy the way we are.

domzilla9
07-09-2008, 21:58
Hey B+Shooter, somebody must have told you that I was coming to KPDL this Saturday! Otis Fox invited me and said that I would be welcome there.

Hell's Bells, Man! Xenophobic much? I may try a new Church every now and then but that don't mean I want to join in and try to turn it into the last church I attended regulary. Do guys have to swear off eating grains and green vegetables to shoot KPDL?

'Props to the Creekers for keeping it real and outlaw. I myself like to poke fun at USPSA Shooters, IDPA Shooters (especially), GSSF Shooters and Outlaw Shooters alike. But mostly I like to make fun of the shooters who hate all of the other shooters, and I know that there are some KPDL shooters that hate everybody that has a rule book in their range bag. However, I do try to make a point of not rubbing ICORE shooters the wrong way because they're real mean badasses.

But, the way I hear it, most of the guys who help set up at KPDL are USPSA shooters. And I also hear that most of the time the USPSA shooters hand the KPDL shooters their asses in pieces at their own game when the buzzers go off. But I guess I'll have to find out for myself.

As for the forum being "dominated" by a few, whose fault is that? Yours, you lurker you.

Regarding the epithet, do you prefer "hill jack" to "red neck" or is there a more appropriate descriptive term?

Do KPDL officers provide financial reports to your members and do you have a Kitchen Division?

- Dominic Bosco

PS: man up and sign your name, so we know who's who.

domzilla9
07-10-2008, 09:37
helloooooo?

Another question: isn't it real expensive to shoot at KPDL? I mean, replacing all those outhouses you guys blow up with dynamite tied to arrows MUST be costly.

heavyfire7537
07-10-2008, 09:55
First my name is Skip and I am the president of KPDL. I will be there Saturday and Otis can point me out to you so we can meet.

That being typed I don't have to worry about being accused of unmanlike behavior. I feel better now. That had me really worried.

I was wondering if you could clear up a few question I have.

"But, the way I hear it, most of the guys who help set up at KPDL are USPSA shooters. And I also hear that most of the time the USPSA shooters hand the KPDL shooters their asses in pieces at their own game when the buzzers go off. But I guess I'll have to find out for myself. "

Who cares? One of the slowest shooters I have seen down there is a retired police officer who has survived a shoot out(this was confirmed by people other than the ex-cop). We also have several combat veterans who set no speed records. Perhaps they should join USPSA so they can be validated. I think USPSA is cool to watch and I am impressed by some of the shooting but it's not for me.

PS: man up and sign your name, so we know who's who.[/QUOTE]

Wow!!!! I have known Jeff for years and can't believe you said that.
Did you feel personally insulted by him? I thought his post was very general.

Our club is a place to have fun. Safety is our priority. Other than that we have few rules. We have no affiliation because of this. If this is something you may be interested in come down and join in. Otis is a good man and I am sure he would only bring similar people to the club to shoot.

B+Shooter
07-10-2008, 20:18
Dom, this is Jeff, please look me up Saturday if you still feel like I need to man up. I can honestly say that you are the first person that has ever said that to me.
I guess that my general post must have hit you pretty personally, you should look closer at that, ya think? As for lurking, I'm usually busy with other things on the 'net, like keeping up with old unit buddies. Anyways, we'll see Saturday who the real "lurkers" are. I have nothing against the other shooting sports, but a decent majority of our members treat these matches as preparation in case the need for self defense ever arises, therefore many of us don't sweat the scores, since most of the shooters who have the fastest scores usually sacrifice common sense "gaming" the stages to beat the timer.
Some shooters from different associations treat KPDL as a 'warm-up' for their other matches, and don't really give a crap about the club itself. I think this is disrespectful to others in the club and I don't have much use for these type of competitors.

I've have since read your blog, and for the most part, you seem like a Seagull (If you've been in the military, you'll know what that means). If you choose to come down to the club as a guest, I request that we may all be civil and have a good time shooting.
Maybe I have the wrong opinion based on your reply and your cavalier attitude towards KPDL.
We'll see.

Jeff B.

whw
07-10-2008, 20:47
post edited out

domzilla9
07-10-2008, 21:25
Jeff B+ and Skip

I'll see you one Saturday at KPDL, hopefully Aug 9. I have a family event this Saturday at Patoka or I would be there. Otis Fox, John Whitt, Marvin Saylor and Mike Armbrust all have all invited me at one time or another to come KPDL. As for being civil, of course I'll be and I'm sure you'll do the same.

As for Jeff B+'s need to man up; well, I guess he almost did. If you're going to post a "don't come around here messing things up" message in a public forum you really ought to grow spine enough to sign your first and last name to your message. Not doing so makes you look like a punk.

How many members does KPDL have and how many attend your shoots? When you guys get 200 members in your club (or 2,500 like Bluegrass Sportsman's League), run 2 to 5 matches a month (100 to 150 shooters - total) then I am sure you two guys can tell us all about our petty problems and our failures to solve them. But in all the time that I worked.....or as you would prefer to think..."seagulled" at Silver Creek I never met a shooter named Jeff B+ and Skip "No-last-name-needed" so I would assume that you two guys haven't been there in two years to shoot or to help out. A seagull is someone who flys in an makes a bunch of noise, craps all over everything and flys off. A jack ass is someone who talks about something they know nothing about as though they do and expects to be taken seriously. When I make comments about KPDL being a redneck hill jacked club, I don't expect to be taken seriously and that should be obvious to you.

I never said that USPSA validates anyone's self-defense abilities, or that USPSA or IDPA prowess trumps or even have any direct comparison to how things will pan out in the real world. To wit, your own shooters that have survived real gunfights. The last I heard, the targets at KPDL didn't shoot back (unless you really blow up the outhouses), which is no different than the ones that we shoot elsewhere. When a shooter that strongly favors one discipline and likes to talk about how his or her game is "more realistic" than another, I have to laugh. There is very little if anything that is truly realistic about the pistol games that go on at KPDL, Silver Creek, BGSL, etc.

If no one at KPDL cares about the scores, then why keep them at all? Why record a time or issue a failure-to-neutralize penalty? In the real world there is no set number of CNS hits required to neutralize a threat and you can't miss fast enough to win. You shoot until the threat is down or shoot, shoot, shoot, assess, shoot, shoot, shoot depending on your philosophy or training. So Skip, to answer your one direct question; Who cares? The shooters obviously do, or they wouldn't record the scores, or ever read them. Obviously, not all of them care about the scores to the same degree.

By all accounts you guys at KPDL do have a lot of fun and are safe, and for that I commend you. I just don't know why you guys take yourself so seriously on forums and have a huge inferiority complex about not having a written rule book for the game you play. ICORE has one that is only 12 pages long (vs 90+ for USPSA or IDPA) and it's a thing of beauty.

I had fun last weekend in Seymour Indiana at a USPSA shoot that was everything a shooting match should be without all the bull****. Things didn't go perfect but everyone was safe and everyone had a good time and at the end of the day most of us probably learned something about shooting. That's the way it ought to be.

Clyde
07-10-2008, 22:02
What time Saturday -

domzilla9
07-10-2008, 23:22
Some of my best friends are red neck hill jacks.

"I try not to smile because I got my teeth knocked out by a chainsaw"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8EQ0azXpQ

B+Shooter
07-11-2008, 08:02
As for Jeff B+'s need to man up; well, I guess he almost did. If you're going to post a "don't come around here messing things up" message in a public forum you really ought to grow spine enough to sign your first and last name to your message. Not doing so makes you look like a punk.

Gee, why would you NOT want to post your first and last name on a GUN website? Probably so whomever wants to steal firearms goes to yours or Otis' house first (I'm sure he appreciates you posting his name)

How many members does KPDL have and how many attend your shoots? When you guys get 200 members in your club (or 2,500 like Bluegrass Sportsman's League), run 2 to 5 matches a month (100 to 150 shooters - total) then I am sure you two guys can tell us all about our petty problems and our failures to solve them.

Wow! Ego?

When I make comments about KPDL being a redneck hill jacked club, I don't expect to be taken seriously and that should be obvious to you.

Passive Aggressiveness is making snide comments and pretending they're jokes.

I never said ... that USPSA or IDPA prowess trumps or even have any direct comparison to how things will pan out in the real world.

You sure do seem think that USPSA shooters are "superior" to the KPDL shooters, as was stated by you earlier.

The last I heard, the targets at KPDL didn't shoot back (unless you really blow up the outhouses)

BUT, I would bet that we have a higher percentage of members who have been involved in "real" scenarios where our targets were shooting back, whether in combat/police/self defense. Therefore, I look at much that is learned at KPDL comes from first-hand experiences of its membership.

As for scores, I agree with you; I have caught myself sacrificing defensive mindset for speed against the timer, I would be happy to omit my scores, as I know that there are others that feel the same way.

... huge inferiority complex about not having a written rule book for the game you play. ICORE has one that is only 12 pages long (vs 90+ for USPSA or IDPA) and it's a thing of beauty.

There is a rule book, in fact. It is about 12 pages and is being updated/vetted currently

This could go on and on, but there really is no benefit to it. If you really need to know my name, I'm sure that John or Otis can tell you, I'm just really not thrilled at adding my name to the Google database, so to speak.

domzilla9
07-11-2008, 08:25
sorry for the double post

domzilla9
07-11-2008, 08:54
I'm tapping out.

Houngan
07-11-2008, 10:32
If it's the Jeff I remember from KPDL, the funny thing is that you're both guys who busted ass to make matches happen, and are now sniping at each other. Either way, everyone settle down or I'll go down to the match with a wheelgun and teach you all a lesson. Well, everyone except Marvin.

H. (Matt G.)

domzilla9
07-11-2008, 11:31
H, you must think that wheel gun shooters are superior to KPDL shooters. You bastard.

Clyde
07-11-2008, 11:53
Ok I can't stand it .....

Put them on the table and we will messure...

heavyfire7537
07-11-2008, 12:39
Ok I'll see you when you show up. Make sure to say hi.

45gunner
07-11-2008, 20:00
If it's the Jeff I remember from KPDL, the funny thing is that you're both guys who busted ass to make matches happen, and are now sniping at each other. Either way, everyone settle down or I'll go down to the match with a wheelgun and teach you all a lesson. Well, everyone except Marvin.

H. (Matt G.)

Bring it on we can use the laughter.

Im a red neck and proud of it. My wife tells me that every time I run a match and come back sun burned.

I want to be there when they man up. Six paces with paint ball guns.

45gunner
07-11-2008, 20:16
Bring it on we can use the laughter.

Im a red neck and proud of it. My wife tells me that every time I run a match and come back sun burned.

I want to be there when they man up. Six paces with paint ball guns.

Were going to have a good match.

Everyone please come out and shoot your own style and have fun.

We will be having some stages with barriers for the tactical minded, some
geared for accuracy and other for a lot of shooting.
All are revolver friendly.

Remember this is just a hobby for most of us. Don't take yourself very serious.

Clyde
07-11-2008, 20:33
3 mags enough (10 per) ????

45gunner
07-11-2008, 20:37
3 mags enough (10 per) ????

Better bring about 4 or 5. One stage will require lots of mag changes.