Opinions on the Dodge Caliber??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Dodge Caliber???

TED
07-09-2008, 23:48
What do you guys think about the Dodge Calber? Are there any known issues or problems with this model?

TED

filthy infidel
07-13-2008, 15:51
It has a big problem- it's a Dodge.

Sorry to poop on your parade, but I fix cars for a living, and I wouldn't give a Chrysler product to someone that I didn't like.

Flame on baby, I don't care.

jim123
07-13-2008, 16:29
Its probably like every other car. If you maintain it and let it warm up before beating on it, it will last a long time. We have a 2000 cavilier since it was new and it has never had any problems with it 65k miles on it and the original clutch. Ask anyone and they will tell you those are the biggest pos out there. The oil gets changed every 3k miles and the old lady drives it normally. Never needed a tow truck, never tuned up, just driven 5 mph over the speed limit all the time. If you like it, buy it. Just keep up with the oil changes, air and fuel filter changes, and don't be rough on the gas until it is up to operating temp.

G23.40
07-13-2008, 17:04
If you are talking about new car. Take a good and long test drive the car, feel the front suspension reacting to the road surfaces (most of them are "touchy" to the road's crown), leaning/drifting/handling, feel the trans shifting/engine revving, ask lots of questions on anything that's not feel right to you, then drive another one and take note/compare to the first one and see if they both have the same driving characteristic. Then make decision if it's what you want.

kengps
07-18-2008, 22:12
well...hate to say it but it's ugly. Looks OK in Pictures, but in the flesh it's just ugly. It's a little car that dodge tried to "toughen up" the looks on. Just doesn't work.

noway
08-04-2008, 09:27
I drove one on my last rental, no power to pass and wasn't that great on gas mileage. Trunk size was kinda small also but if your just commuting to work and stores it should be adequate.

I would suggest you go to the dealer or a few dealers, look them over, test drive it and then decide for yourself.