Check out this new pro-military site!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Check out this new pro-military site!!

anticentipede
07-11-2008, 02:53
check this out!!

http://www.americansforthemilitary.com/

and please sign the petition there.

tampashooters
07-22-2008, 17:44
:aodnsb: Um, OK......

3/325
07-22-2008, 18:28
It's not a pro-military (patriotism) site, it's a petition site to keep gays out of the military (political). When I was in, it was don't ask/don't tell. If that's still true, it doesn't equate to open enrollment for gays; it just means "keep your mouth shut".

I'm no fan of openly supporting homosexuality in the military. Men and women still have separate barracks/quarters for a reason. If homosexuality is supported, then they may as well make all living facilities co-ed.

Marine8541
07-22-2008, 22:33
I'm no fan of openly supporting homosexuality in the military. Men and women still have separate barracks/quarters for a reason. If homosexuality is supported, then they may as well make all living facilities co-ed.

I have news for you... Co-ed has been going on for years now in MOS that aren't gender exsclusive.

3/325
07-22-2008, 22:49
I have news for you... Co-ed has been going on for years now in MOS that aren't gender exsclusive.

So men and women bunk together in the same room?

Now I'm sorry I got out.

Jeff82
07-29-2008, 10:19
So men and women bunk together in the same room?

Now I'm sorry I got out.

Last I knew (dated info) males and females would be in the same building but there would be a seperate area or floor for the females. Seeing the new style buildings (similar in design to a "outside door" hotel/motel) I've no idea. I'd imagine in those there are no restrictions as to what sex gets what room.

I'm sure there is still plenty of "bunking together" regardless of the (ever decreasing) regulations.

CPT_CRUNCH
07-30-2008, 15:43
men and women dont bunk in the same rooms. barracks/quarters are more like college dorms now. you might have the opposite sex living next door or down the hall. but once again there is no co-habitation of the opposite sex in the same rooms.

JimBianchi
07-30-2008, 15:49
there is no co-habitation of the opposite sex in the same rooms.

At least not officially!

I saw lots of co-habitation and even some co-co-habitation...

Marine8541
07-30-2008, 15:58
men and women dont bunk in the same rooms. barracks/quarters are more like college dorms now. you might have the opposite sex living next door or down the hall. but once again there is no co-habitation of the opposite sex in the same rooms.

Depends where you’re at. On my second tour when I was at the evac hospital in Baghdad the med unit had several Docs of both sexes sharing rooms. I also saw entire platoons of support troops sharing open squad bays in Uzbekistan. I won’t even mention accommodations during the initial invasion. BS that they don’t share rooms. What happens in the States is a whole lot different than what happens over seas.