MN Gun Rights Gathering ("GRG") [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MN Gun Rights Gathering ("GRG")

mnglocker
07-13-2008, 08:29
MN Gun Rights Gathering ("GRG")

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO RSVP! (http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9171)

Sunday, July 13, 11AM - on. Come a bit earlier, if you want to help with set up.

Lake Harriet Bandshell picnic area. 42nd and W. Lake Harriet Boulevard. Right on the water.

Bring: Kids; Spouses; Foods you like, in quantities to share; Picnic supplies; Maybe bug spray. http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

There's pay parking (.$50/hr) near the site, and street parking a few blocks away.

I'm bringing the first couple dozen hamburgers, and hoping enough shows to make it a party.

mnglocker
08-09-2008, 18:18
GRG II
http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9708

Sunday August 10th, Schimelpfenig Park, Chaska MN 55318. Home of Scott Night, paid spokes person for the brady bunch. That's right, we're holding it in his back yard. :devilish:

RLDS45S
08-10-2008, 08:06
Basically
There are two picnics
One to celebrate being banned MNGuntalk and one to throw it in the face MNGuntalk.com acolytes

jem375
08-10-2008, 09:07
Everyone should open carry just to piss that guy off......... will try to make it.....

mnglocker
08-10-2008, 21:17
Everyone should open carry just to piss that guy off......... will try to make it.....

That was the point, we also had State Rep Paul Kohls stop by. :cool:

EAJuggalo
08-10-2008, 23:32
Out of idle curiosity when was the GRG II announced, seems like someone got a little upset about being told he wasn't allowed at the "Daycare" site.

mnglocker
08-11-2008, 00:05
Out of idle curiosity when was the GRG II announced, seems like someone got a little upset about being told he wasn't allowed at the "Daycare" site.

That someone didn't come, he had his own business to go about. This has been in the plans for about a month and the date and location were finalized about 5 days ago. I guess it was something for those of us on the opposite side of the cities to get to today. (I have had a million things going on all week in preperation of getting all my crap done before school starts for example and couldn't make the time to drive an hour and a half there, hang for a couple of hours and drive way the hell back :crying: I did check out the pics though and it looked like a good time was had) We had some tastey burgers'n brats, and good conversation though, and all in all, we have the same goals at the end of the day.

RLDS45S
08-11-2008, 09:26
I wish it were true that we all had the same agenda, but that is not the case!

One group has a couple of ego mainiacs, some of which might very well be in need of medication. The Church of Joel!
The other group seems to have some testy people, and some people that just like to talk! How appropriate MN GUN TALK

We all need to be on the same page, but well that we have too many chief's and not enough indians!

mnglocker
08-11-2008, 10:13
I wish it were true that we all had the same agenda, but that is not the case!

One group has a couple of ego mainiacs, some of which might very well be in need of medication. The Church of Joel!
The other group seems to have some testy people, and some people that just like to talk! How appropriate MN GUN TALK

We all need to be on the same page, but well that we have too many chief's and not enough indians!

I'm going to try to get the next GRG (III) setup on a date that won't conflict with both boards and in a location that we can all enjoy. I'm working on getting pricing for renting the Delano Gun Club for the day. That would give us shelter if the weather is crappy, kitchen and bathroom facilities, a range, and plenty of space for the few who can't get along to not bicker at eachother. (hopefully)

EAJuggalo
08-12-2008, 00:22
I thought it was last minute since I didn't hear anything about it from you at the Effin, I couldn't make either one since I forgot to ask for the time off from work but I think both would have been interesting for different reasons. One to talk about the legislative and activist parts and the other to talk about guns and shooting.