Carry Shotguns and AR15's in the trunk in SC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry Shotguns and AR15's in the trunk in SC

bagballa
07-15-2008, 13:55
Is it aganist the law to carry any of the above in the trunk 24/7 for extra protection or is it only allowed when your headed to and from the range?
I know some states allow you to carry in the front seat whenever, just wondering.

arj
07-28-2008, 21:25
i had the idea to do that up here in NC, and then one morning i go out to my car to find a window busted out, radio missing and the trunk open.....i changed my mind after that.

Hef
08-06-2008, 15:48
There's no law that I am aware of that prohibits carrying a long gun in your vehicle all the time. It probably isn't the wisest of ideas, but I believe it's legal.

southernshooter
08-09-2008, 17:41
Friend of mine carried his Browning shotgun in the trunk all the time in a gun case. Didn't know his trunk started leaking. When he opened the gun case the shotgun was a rusted hulk.

Mnukedude
08-09-2008, 20:32
Is it aganist the law to carry any of the above in the trunk 24/7 for extra protection or is it only allowed when your headed to and from the range?
I know some states allow you to carry in the front seat whenever, just wondering.

Here in SC, we have very high humidity. Rust might be a big problem. Short term storage of a weapon in the car might be okay, say a day or two, but within a couple of weeks the rust will start, so without even considering the aspect of thievery, corrosion alone makes it a bad idea on a 24/7 basis.

RichardB
08-11-2008, 09:28
I'm not from SC; but perhaps this organization has the answer to the original question.

http://www.scfirearms.org/