Tucker Gun? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Gun?

StoneDog
07-15-2008, 15:45
Anyone ever deal with them? I noticed their shop is a lot bigger than it used to be, and I also notice that they seem to do lots of business on gunbroker.com. These guys OK to deal with face to face? They have a nice selection of Rock River AR's but I'll skip them if they've got the typical gun shop attitude.

agarr
07-19-2008, 09:06
Tucker Gun is my second favorite Gun Store in the Atlanta area. Good folks to do business with.

Kegger26
07-19-2008, 16:15
I have been over there once. I bought a little snubby S&W I had been looking for. It was a cheap 400$ sale, but they treated me like I was dropping 2K on a H-S-L-D M1A1. If it wasn't so much of a drive I would do business with them again.

StoneDog
07-19-2008, 19:44
I was in there this afternoon and almost bought an RRA NM AR15. Guys were nice enough but the price was higher than when I called 2 days earlier. I passed. They have a huge RRA inventory, it was hard to walk out of there empty handed.

Kegger26
07-21-2008, 10:06
I hate when that happens, you price something out and when you go to buy it the price has changed.

StoneDog
07-21-2008, 10:11
I reacted a little when they told me the price. My reaction was based on the increase in price, but they misunderstood and in a defensive manner informed me that MSRP was well over that. MSRP doesn't really mean anything though, not on "commodity" firearms like ARs.

They had a couple of nice FN-49's. If I hadn't just sold off all of my old 8mm Surplus I might have picked one up.

bradp
07-22-2008, 06:13
I hate when that happens, you price something out and when you go to buy it the price has changed.

Thats the way Southeastern Firearms used to be in the 90's. Everytime I went to buy something it was a different price than the day before or when I just called.

Kegger26
07-22-2008, 10:58
The MSRP is bull----. It cost no where near that MSRP price to produce, store, ship, sell and paper. The typical mark up on a AR-15 at cost for most gun stores is between 200 and 300$. If you don't believe that, then step into SPD some time and price yourself out a nice Beretta, Glock, Remington or Ruger. Take a lot at their selection of AR-15s too.

The sad part is, when the gun business is booming the greed kicks in. Gun store owners are out right price gouging. I see the prices changing about one a week. One gun store in the area ( I will leave it un-named) had the balls to try to sell a parts AR-15 (double star lower and Olympic upper), for 950$. I laughed to myself thinking that if I bought that, a sexy ass blonde had better come in the box with the gun and she better be talented too..

IWB4ME
08-13-2008, 17:26
I have bought most of my guns from tucker gun. they are lot more knowledgeable then bulleye's eye folk, plus they take more time to explain stuff to you.

StoneDog
08-14-2008, 07:45
Well, I'm pretty close to going back and pickuping up that RRA NM A4. With the very high probably that Osama will be our next president I may just get a second AR: something a little cheaper and more tactical like a no frills A4 carbine.

Kegger26
08-14-2008, 14:54
You should check out Adventure Outdoors. We have a good number of good quality used AR-15s.