NORTH...to Alaska, we're goin' North the rush is on... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NORTH...to Alaska, we're goin' North the rush is on...

ewert
07-11-2002, 12:12
The time has come, tomorrow (7/12/02) my wife, Father-in-law, and two other guys jump on a plane for a week of fishing in Alaska! We will be chartering an ocean fishing boat to Halibut fish and do some river fishing for Salmon. Talk to you all when I get back in a week...
-Phil

Grey Wolf
07-11-2002, 13:21
Sounds like a great time. I hope to make it up there to hunt and fish in the next few years. Please get us a couple pictures.

Good Luck and stay safe.

Grey Wolf;c ;c

ewert
07-11-2002, 14:06
Yeah, we are bringing the 35mm camera, the Digital Sony Camera, and the VHS-C video camera. I should have some dandy pics when I come back!

bustedknee
07-11-2002, 18:00
I don't have to fish in the rain - I LIVE here!

iweb
07-11-2002, 18:24
ewert, where are you going? I lived in Homer for 6 years and loved the hunting and fishing! I worked for Homer Electric as a lineman so maybe bustedknee knows some of my former buds?? Maybe you know Jack Foster in Soldotna?

forthehalibut
07-11-2002, 23:37
Originally posted by ewert
The time has come, tomorrow (7/12/02) my wife, Father-in-law, and two other guys jump on a plane for a week of fishing in Alaska! We will be chartering an ocean fishing boat to Halibut fish and do some river fishing for Salmon. Talk to you all when I get back in a week...
-Phil

Why are you fishing for me? Nothing personal [well, ok, it is], but I am not interested in you.;f ;f ;f

ewert
07-12-2002, 03:40
I said for Halibut, not forthehalibut! ;f

We are actually heading to Homer, we are leaving in about an hour to go and get groped by minimum wage, non-English speaking airport nazis. I hope it isn't raining. Even if it is, I will enjoy it. BustedKnee, I just hope I can sleep through all that daylight!

bustedknee
07-13-2002, 13:34
[i]Originally posted by iweb ...Maybe you know Jack Foster in Soldotna? [/B]

Not by name but I have probably run into him at some point.

The Kenai River was closed to King fishing in June but open now from the Soldotna bridge down.
The guides are so thick you can walk across on the boats.

The Sockeys have hit the river about a week early and they are bigger fish this year.

Gotta go...dipnetting.

Mr. Spock
07-16-2002, 20:27
Ahhhh.....A l a s k a ......... :)

**SNAP**

Oh, back to reality. ;1

One of these days, I'll get the guts to just chuck it all and move up there. Just take it all in. I spent about 6 months in Anchorage about 20 years ago and I didn't want to leave - wanted to stay forever. I can't even imagine how beautiful the rest of the state must be.

bustedknee
07-17-2002, 00:19
The good thing about Anchorage?
Its only a 30 minute drive to Alaska.

iweb
07-17-2002, 17:52
bustedknee, how is the rec property doing these days? I have 3.99 ac on One Stone Lake that I traded an airplane for years ago and would like to sell it or trade for some toy.