what pc games do you play [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what pc games do you play

BManoftheyear
07-17-2008, 19:04
I have a gateways gt5476e pc.I installed an antec ea500d psu and a pny 8800gt 512mb video card.
I play cod4,lost planet and crysis.
Just wanted to see if any of you play pc games and what do you play

Tvov
07-20-2008, 18:11
All I play is PC games, I don't have any consoles.

Battlefield 1942, expansions Road to Rome and Secret Weapons, its mods including Desert Combat.

Battlefield 2, expansion Special Forces, various mods including POE2, PR2, FH2, AiX, etc.

Battlefield 2142, mod First Strike (something like that, Star Wars mod).

CounterStrike:Source, Day of Defeat:Source.

TeamFortress 2.

A ton more, going back to about 10 years to Battlezone (came out in 1998).

Scarecrow28
07-24-2008, 18:55
The original COD. After beating single player, I've been doing online deathmatches a lot. I'm hoping to get a new HP sometime soon for COD 4 and for when FAR CRY 2 comes out.

RandomBrownGuy
07-24-2008, 19:03
I played thru COD4 Single player while my 360 was being repaired. I mainly play console right now. I'd like to find a cracked copy of Guitar Hero III to play on the computer, but I don't know much about burning games to discs using Daemon Tools and all that other stuff.

Satyr
08-07-2008, 19:00
COD 2,pc on line,about 5:30-7:30am Texas time. Any one want to play?

acman
08-07-2008, 21:46
rainbow six ravenshield, and desert combat, I need a new computer so that I can get run BF2 smoothly.

Tvov
08-07-2008, 21:51
I need a new computer so that I can get run BF2 smoothly.

Battlefield 2 on high graphics is intense!

I am once again playing the BF2 mod Point of Existence 2... they just came out with a new version. A lot of fun, a bunch of cool weapons.

Rec4LMS
08-14-2008, 13:14
I am addicted to World of Warcrack right now. I built myself a desktop at the start of the year with the intent of making it a rocking FPS focused computer. However, I ran out of money so I skimped on the video card and memory. (Funny how saving/paying for a wedding & honeymoon can drain your finances! LOL!) My system can not run what I want it to run until I can put a little more money into it. Thus, I decided to go out and buy WOW and have a little fun until I could get what I wanted. Big mistake. I no longer feel the need to upgrade the system in order for it to run something bigger and better. I never thought I would ever feel that way!

jason10mm
08-14-2008, 13:49
I knocked out a lot on titles on my 360, but since getting a new PC a few weeks ago I have picked up Medieval:Total War II, Company of Heroes, and Crysis. All of them, particularly the latter are resource hogs, but the first two should be pretty scalable if you have an older machine. I'm running a quad core with 4 gigs of ram and a 8800GT = graphical goodness :)

I play FPSs on the 360. I'm having trouble re-adapting to keyboard, though I could use my 360 controller to play Crysis. RTS PC games are my bread and butter though. Bring on Dawn of War 2!!!

Glockomadic
08-14-2008, 15:55
A cool online game is Assault Cube first person shooter, small download alot of fun. Go to Assault Cube website and download it have fun.http://[URL="http://.assault.cubers.net/ or google Assault Cube website

Satyr
08-15-2008, 06:55
A cool online game is Assault Cube first person shooter, small download alot of fun. Go to Assault Cube website and download it have fun.http://[URL="http://.assault.cubers.net/ or google Assault Cube website

Downloads no worky, is thier website not working?

don51181
08-16-2008, 09:37
Rome Total war is great! BF2 is fun also. Spore will be my next addiction. I might even be there at the minute it goes on sale. I have been waiting years for this game. Check it out if you have not heard of it.

Tvov
08-16-2008, 12:03
Yes! We will be getting Spore.

As to Battlefield 2, make sure you try out the mod Point of Existence 2. Possibly the best mod of BF2 out there... still has easy "playability", but a lot more intense then vanilla BF2.
http://www.pointofexistence.com/

The BF2 mod "Project Reality" is really good, but is very difficult to learn and play for some people. With PR you really have to spend time reading how to play it.

BManoftheyear
08-17-2008, 19:59
I keep getting this damn error in cod4 on pc.
It is iw3mp.exe has stopped working.I can play for about 2 minutes then I get this error and it kicks me out of the game.
I have googled and tried everything I have found about how to fix it.I have heard and done the following to try to fix it.
Reinstall cod4,enable stereo mix in sound properties,installed latest video and sound drivers.I am ready to let my pc meet mr g17 and get a couple gold dots in it this is pissing me off so bad.I didn't buy a 8800gt for nothing

Jdog
08-17-2008, 20:05
total BF2 addict here. Also addicted to bf2142.... so I uninstalled both of them last month so I wouldnt get divorced. Now I play the less addicting free browser game www.ikariam.com

Glock!9
08-17-2008, 20:06
Making History, COD2, COD4, AOEIII and some others...