"Hamilton is pretty much doomed" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Hamilton is pretty much doomed"

Tennessee Slim
07-20-2008, 12:55
Late in today's Grand Prix of Germany, race leader Lewis Hamilton got caught behind the safety car during a yellow flag and lost the 16+ second lead over second place he had built up. The cars who were ahead of the safety car got a "splash 'n dash" with Hamilton unable to capitalize on the caution flag.

When Hamilton finally pitted, he got back on the track needing to gain an almost impossible nearly two seconds per lap to catch Piquet's Renault -- which had inherited his lead -- before the checkered fell. In fact, as he emerged from the pit, Speed TV's commentator David Hobbs remarked, "Hamilton is pretty much doomed."

Hamilton passed 'em all and won the race by 5.5 seconds.

I've remarked before that Lewis Hamilton reminds me of Michael Jordan, not because of his ethnicity, but because he has an unnatural ability to, at will and on command, be clearly better than anyone else in the world.

And who says there's no passing in Formula 1?

FLuXmr2spyder
07-21-2008, 04:48
not a Hamilton fan, but OMG that kid can totally drive!!! Congrats to him on his win today!!!

I still want a Ferrari Driver to win the championship and of course the constructors title as well

my 2nd fav team is Toyota, they just need a "better" driver

Tennessee Slim
07-21-2008, 09:15
I love all things Ferrari but, in F1, they do have a tendency to try to "buy the pot". If you root for anyone else, you're automatically pulling for the underdog.

I got a kick out of Hambone's post-race yesterday. When it came round to the question of his whirling dervish last laps, he actually spoke with a kind of homespun, corn pone, NASCAR humility. Not the kind of thing you're likely ever to hear from the lips of one of the Continental Euro drivers.

FLuXmr2spyder
07-21-2008, 13:58
hahaha whirling dervish LOL

yea Ferrari OWNS F1, and i totally sound so bandwagon but ive been into it since i was a little boy, cus of my dad...hehe

Tennessee Slim
07-21-2008, 15:00
No shame in being a "Ferraristi". They've come by their fame honestly. And if ever their was a living embodiment of "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday", it's Ferrari. They spend not one Lira on advertising; the F1 team is their entire advertising budget. Do you think there's any "trickle-down" from Renault's or Honda's F1 teams to their street cars?

FLuXmr2spyder
07-21-2008, 18:17
yea, Ferrari is Formula 1 and Automobiles at its finest...maybe 1 day i'll get to own one, for now im their biggest groupie/ferraristi LOL