Which Would You Buy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which Would You Buy

Fox_Mustang_Guy
07-21-2008, 01:44
Nothing major, just the biggest argument between me and my friends, someone please tell me they would buy the new challenger over the new camaro.

FLuXmr2spyder
07-21-2008, 04:46
Challenger ALL THE WAY!!!

IslandHopper
07-21-2008, 14:54
see... I'd still buy a Mustang over either one of those. GT500KR if you're not comparing price tags, or if you want to keep the price tags more comparable, an FR500-Street.

But as a daily driver, I'm sure the Challenger and Camaro would both be more comfy than my choices :)

Fox_Mustang_Guy
07-21-2008, 15:46
im a mustang guy obviously but if price mattered i would buy a zo6 anyday over the gt500kr

BManoftheyear
07-21-2008, 16:54
yeah a z06 for sure.The challenger is sweet,anything with a big motor now a days is gonna run fast as hell.
Why dont you get a magnum with the v10 in it?

mcook76
08-01-2008, 18:15
You'd lose either way. I mean one's a dodge, the other's a chevy. Great resale with both!

Get_Zwole
08-24-2008, 13:45
GTR if price tag isnt in the mix ;). I would go with the new camaro though as dodge interior's make me wanna vomit.

OUSooner
08-25-2008, 17:24
Challenger. Lifetime warranty and the Camaro is made in freakin' Canada.

JLai
08-26-2008, 16:40
Camaro looks a lot better than the Challenger, IMO.

glockophilic
08-28-2008, 22:43
camaro.... or actually none of the above.... a vette.

vetteman
08-29-2008, 17:21
camaro.... or actually none of the above.... a vette.

:agree:

Get_Zwole
09-01-2008, 02:04
i have to say no domestic car unless its a vette is my personal preference.

GroovedG19
09-02-2008, 15:26
Z06:supergrin:

Crusher47
09-04-2008, 08:45
Challenger >>> Camaro

Hef
09-04-2008, 14:34
Camaro. Now, I'm a little bit biased since I work for a GM dealership, but I'd have to say the new Camaro looks better than the Challenger IMO. The Challenger is a better example of retro styling as it retains the original lines while still looking modern, whereas the Camaro is a new look with a few retro styling cues tossed in for product familiarity.

What I really like about the Camaro is what I see in it's performance potential. It's built on the same platform as the Pontiac G8. I've driven the G8 GT and it really moves and handles well. I would not be surprised if the Camaro's handling is better, if not similar, and if GM eventually offers it with either A) the same 556hp LSA engine as the new CTS-V or B) the LS9 for the Corvette ZR-1.

HollowHead
09-05-2008, 21:24
i have to say no domestic car unless its a vette is my personal preference.

As said before, the Camaro is a foreign import. HH

loki993
09-10-2008, 11:52
If it were between those 2 id have to go camaro. the challengers heavy, not that the camaro isnt, but I also love the way the camaro looks and it will be faster, like I said id go camaro if those were the only 2 choices. my real choice would be and is to save about 10-15k and get a used 01-04 z06. lighter, faster and better handling that either of those cars. I dont have a use for and dont forsee a use for more than 2 seats, its just me and the GF if we have visitors we use her car. I will have a z06 in probably a year of so.

rico6787
09-10-2008, 12:55
personally I think the z06's are way over rated, I had a 2004 STI with many mods, and I could out run, out maneuver a z06 no problem, cars just come down to personal preference

JLB768
09-11-2008, 10:17
I had a 2004 STI with many mods

You needed mods :tongueout:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9087/img1099vv3.jpg

rico6787
09-11-2008, 15:33

and you NEEDED to spend over 60K:rofl:

intheburbs
09-11-2008, 16:04
It looks like the Camaro is going to have the Challenger's number in all trim levels. Chevy is apparently "not worried at all" about upcoming horsepower numbers on the Mustang and Challenger. Even the base V6 is going to be over 300 hp, and the V8 will be a monster.

If I was in the market, I'd preorder the SS/Z28 or whatever they're going to call it.

loki993
09-11-2008, 19:58
personally I think the z06's are way over rated, I had a 2004 STI with many mods, and I could out run, out maneuver a z06 no problem, cars just come down to personal preference

I really like the STIs, that said im a chevy/mopar guy. ill take a camaro/GTO/vette over a STI any day. I really dont see how you can say a z06 is overrated, the c5 version and the c6 version for that matter, are widely regarded as probably the best performance bargains in the world. they provide true supercar performance and can hang with and sometimes surpass sports/supercars costing many times more, sorry overrated is the one thing you probably cant say about the z06. 10 cent interior, maybe, clunky transmission ok I can give you that, but these are all things that can be remedied for some cash or just simply lived with.

loki993
09-11-2008, 20:02

dude that thing is just fantastic, I wish I could afford one. I got all googly over the c6 the first time I saw one, I think there the best looking vettes ever made. the z06 is amazing, cant wait to see the zr1 unleashed. Ill just have to settle for a c5 z06 someday soon, when I start making more money and get some bills out of that way.

rico6787
09-11-2008, 23:29
I really like the STIs, that said im a chevy/mopar guy. ill take a camaro/GTO/vette over a STI any day. I really dont see how you can say a z06 is overrated, the c5 version and the c6 version for that matter, are widely regarded as probably the best performance bargains in the world. they provide true supercar performance and can hang with and sometimes surpass sports/supercars costing many times more, sorry overrated is the one thing you probably cant say about the z06. 10 cent interior, maybe, clunky transmission ok I can give you that, but these are all things that can be remedied for some cash or just simply lived with.

they are overrated, every 15th car on the road you see a corvette, Im not trying to dis them at all im just saying they are literaly everywhere, they do nothing for me after you go to the grocery store and see two of them on your way there. If you wana talk about bang for your buck look at a Nissan Skyline GTR (0-60 in 3.3), both around the same brand new, edmunds review of 09 skyline.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8&feature=related

i just had to put up this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX5r-MrYxNM&feature=related

rico6787
09-11-2008, 23:30
double post...

JLB768
09-12-2008, 09:35
dude that thing is just fantastic, I wish I could afford one. I got all googly over the c6 the first time I saw one, I think there the best looking vettes ever made. the z06 is amazing, cant wait to see the zr1 unleashed. Ill just have to settle for a c5 z06 someday soon, when I start making more money and get some bills out of that way.

Thank you. The ZR1 is a wicked piece of machinery, I'd love to have one. I suppose in some places, Vette's are a dime a dozen, but around here there's not a bunch of them. People can bash Vette's all they want, but the fact is, my Z06 gets tons of thumbs ups, beautiful car comments, and smiles from kids to older folks. Yesterday, had a state trooper pull up next to me, and tell me that my car was awesome. Hope you get one, ya only live once. :cheers:

JLB768
09-12-2008, 09:38
and you NEEDED to spend over 60K:rofl:

Worth every penny. Speed, handling, and good looks, right out of the box :whistling:

YellowTT
09-13-2008, 08:48
hi,
Just putting in my 2 cents. I think the GTR that was mentioned earlier would be a better pick. Performance, longevity and speed. Everyone's definition of fast is different. If you are really looking for a serious car have someone custom build you a vehicle that is not a dime a dozen. These new american cars are nothing like their original versions and their current technology is lacking.

rico6787
09-13-2008, 13:29
hi,
Just putting in my 2 cents. I think the GTR that was mentioned earlier would be a better pick. Performance, longevity and speed. Everyone's definition of fast is different. If you are really looking for a serious car have someone custom build you a vehicle that is not a dime a dozen. These new american cars are nothing like their original versions and their current technology is lacking.

couldnt of said it bettter myself

waktasz
09-15-2008, 10:36
they are overrated, every 15th car on the road you see a corvette, Im not trying to dis them at all im just saying they are literaly everywhere, they do nothing for me after you go to the grocery store and see two of them on your way there. If you wana talk about bang for your buck look at a Nissan Skyline GTR (0-60 in 3.3), both around the same brand new, edmunds review of 09 skyline.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8&feature=related

i just had to put up this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX5r-MrYxNM&feature=related

I guess it depends where you live. I definitely see more Subies than Corvettes on the road but then again I live somewhere where it actually rains and/or snows from time to time.

I've owned 2 WRXs and an STI and have to say you are smoking crack if you think the STI handles better than a Z06 unless you have done some serious work to it.

stetson
10-03-2008, 17:49
I don't want to rain on anybody parade but GM product have better resale value than Dodge.The numbers don't lie,that said,I'll take the camero first because GM has always had a way of making great engines since the 50's.I remember working at a garage when I was
a kid changing tie rod ends and running into two left handed tie rods because Chrysler had
run out of rights so they improvised at the factory that day and used just lefts.This was a common practice with them you never knew what you were going to run into.