Wireless Sierra dial up causing computer problems [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Sierra dial up causing computer problems

plainsman
07-23-2008, 12:00
First, I know very little about dang computers, so go easy on me. We have two lap tops that we installed this sierra wireless plug in so that the computer can operate wireless, anyway, the first computer started having problems getting to start up, now the second computer developed the same problem, unable to start. The message says unable to start, and something about either going to trouble shoot and try to fix the problem, and the second machine says something about going back to a previous date when the computer was working alright. So I guess the system wipes out the sierra program, and the logo is no longer there, and probably the disk is uninstalled, but then I don't have wireless. Since this has happened with two different machines, I guess their most be something with the sierra wireless causing a problem. Wireless is good at certain times, how can I get this straightened out? Thanks !

IndyGunFreak
07-23-2008, 14:41
First, I know very little about dang computers, so go easy on me. We have two lap tops that we installed this sierra wireless plug in so that the computer can operate wireless, anyway, the first computer started having problems getting to start up, now the second computer developed the same problem, unable to start. The message says unable to start, and something about either going to trouble shoot and try to fix the problem, and the second machine says something about going back to a previous date when the computer was working alright. So I guess the system wipes out the sierra program, and the logo is no longer there, and probably the disk is uninstalled, but then I don't have wireless. Since this has happened with two different machines, I guess their most be something with the sierra wireless causing a problem. Wireless is good at certain times, how can I get this straightened out? Thanks !

I know you tried to be informative, but that is not really a lot to go on. I would try calling the technical support for Sierra.. sounds like their software might be having some issues. Curious, did you have this service w/ XP, and then recently bought these new laptops w/ Vista, or did you recently upgrade them both to Vista?

Good luck..

IGF