GOIN 19D! hopefully [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GOIN 19D! hopefully

Cperez
07-23-2008, 15:13
So after a longgg debate over which mos i was more into I have settled and decided that id love to go 19d.. Cav scouts from what I can tell and have read are awesome..Hopefully. I'll get that mos when i head over to my recruiter, my second choice being infantry will do.. I mean I'll take either with a smile on my face but we'll see.. I really want to go Cav. Im not sure how going reserve will impact upon my options for my choice of Mos.. but godwilling things will work out. Any pro cons.. to this mos.. Not the why would you want a front lines job banter no disresepect to anyone but I want to be out front. I have no Rambo delusions either, Just feel like its the kind of thing that suits me.

ShelbyGoat
07-23-2008, 17:54
19D Scout here, 8 years and counting.

Also on recruiting duty, but heading to Korea in Febuary.

Any questions, shoot me a PM or post here.

SSG Stricker

Paraiso1
07-23-2008, 18:48
It is a great MOS, and will teach you a lot.

tankerfrank
07-23-2008, 18:53
Do they still have a TANKER MOS any more, I was a 19F, but it looks like more and more I see no tank in the ARMY,
you will love it, it's been 25 years now and I STILL think I am aTANK.. LOL

SON just be safe and come home,

Cperez
07-25-2008, 12:32
Thanks a lot guys pardon my delayed response.. ive been enduring some internet troubles.. Im very excited. if i could only get a call back from the recruiter

Biscuitsjam
07-27-2008, 10:13
Cperez - The only Cavalry Scouts/Infantry/Tankers in the Army Reserve are in training commands. If you want to be a combat engineer, military policeman, or any of the support MOSs, the Reserve is a good place to be. If you want to be in a combat unit, you need to go Army National Guard.

TankerFrank - The Armor MOS is 19K. The Army National Guard just got rid of about 3/4 of tank units and reclassed all those soldiers to Cavalry. There are still a number of National Guard tank units left but not nearly so many as there used to be. I don't know whether there has been any kind of similar decrease in Armor for the active-duty component.

ShelbyGoat
07-27-2008, 10:37
Thanks a lot guys pardon my delayed response.. ive been enduring some internet troubles.. Im very excited. if i could only get a call back from the recruiter
I may be able to assist you in why you aren't getting a call back maybe. Any recruiter will put you in the Army in less than a week if you have no issues.

Have you taken the ASVAB test? physical?
Do you have your HS diploma?
How far have you gone with your processing?
Can you pass a drug/urine test?
Do you have any law violations?

Cperez
07-27-2008, 12:39
Thanks a lot for that info biscuitsJam. ShelbyGoat, I took the asvab Once back in sept 07. during the time of my first enlistment.was never even able to ship out due to a death in the Family that left me responsible for my younger sister. I have my Diploma. I have not ventured further into the recruiting process aside from phone calls as my schedule hasnt afforded me the chance to make a trip to a recruiters office, Tommorow I have a day off and will do so. I can pass a drug/urine test, and I have no criminal history whatsoever.

Cperez
07-27-2008, 12:49
Will I have to take the Asvab again? no problem if I do, just wondering.
and are there any schools that I can get added into my contract upon enlistement.
My eyesight was initially and issue before I was given my first Mos I (31b MP) "to due certain procurement standards" However when they tried to push tanker, field artillery, and parachute rigger and i declined to the point of saying I'd see what the USMC had to offer as none of those jobs peaked remotely peaked my interests, they gave in. I waited until Meps before I had any real discussion with anyone about a mos choice.
After all that was done.. the recruiter called me saying that i would need a license in order to hold my mos reservation seeing as how I didnt already have one.. so within 3 day i learned to drive and got my license.. That following day my Grandmother ... my sisters legal gaurdian had a stroke and was in bad shape for some time. being that i was the only immediate family member anywhere in the picture. I ended up staying home.

ShelbyGoat
07-27-2008, 13:53
Thanks a lot for that info biscuitsJam. ShelbyGoat, I took the asvab Once back in sept 07. during the time of my first enlistment.was never even able to ship out due to a death in the Family that left me responsible for my younger sister. I have my Diploma. I have not ventured further into the recruiting process aside from phone calls as my schedule hasnt afforded me the chance to make a trip to a recruiters office, Tommorow I have a day off and will do so. I can pass a drug/urine test, and I have no criminal history whatsoever.

Will I have to take the Asvab again? no problem if I do, just wondering.
and are there any schools that I can get added into my contract upon enlistement.
My eyesight was initially and issue before I was given my first Mos I (31b MP) "to due certain procurement standards" However when they tried to push tanker, field artillery, and parachute rigger and i declined to the point of saying I'd see what the USMC had to offer as none of those jobs peaked remotely peaked my interests, they gave in. I waited until Meps before I had any real discussion with anyone about a mos choice.
After all that was done.. the recruiter called me saying that i would need a license in order to hold my mos reservation seeing as how I didnt already have one.. so within 3 day i learned to drive and got my license.. That following day my Grandmother ... my sisters legal gaurdian had a stroke and was in bad shape for some time. being that i was the only immediate family member anywhere in the picture. I ended up staying home.
Ok, so you actually joined awhile ago, but never shipped out to basic training. Did you enlist for active duty or Reserves? I understand your situation that you didn't ship out, you handled it, and I am guessing you are ready to enter in again.

You will not have to take the asvab again. What did you score on the asvab test?

Cperez
07-27-2008, 14:46
yes. Ready to go back.. I was active before. ASVAB GT:105 GM:89 EL:93 CL:95 MM:87 SC:93 CO:88 FA:88 OF:90 ST:96

RONSTAR
08-15-2008, 15:37
19D hear, loved it. I consider it the jack of all trades go for it. Jump on the first spur ride you can.

deadday
08-15-2008, 15:55
I'm a broken, soon-to-be-retired 19D, if you have any questions that haven't been answered yet, shoot me a message...Sorry I missed this thread when it first popped out, I was in the hospital...again..:upeyes:

d
re
w
e

AH-1
08-23-2008, 20:56
http://davidgettman.dragoons.org/OldSoldierIV.wmv (http://davidgettman.dragoons.org/OldSoldierIV.wmv)

2nd ACR.we were all troopers and brothers.I still stay in touch with my buds and that was 30 years ago.
enjoy
pete