Can't stay connected [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can't stay connected

ClydeG19
07-23-2008, 16:23
When I'm plugged into a hardline...there's no issue. When I unplug and go wireless, I can't stay connected to programs like Aim, dl's stall halfway through, etc. What gives? Speedtest.com says my speed is the same either way.

denfoote
07-23-2008, 16:36
Have you formatted your router??
Remember, you have to tell your router where to find your machine.
There should be a number on the router which is the address that you have to put into the computer.
If you are on windows, there should be a wireless connection wizard.
It's menu driven. Just bring it up and follow the directions. :cool:

ClydeG19
07-23-2008, 17:09
I can surf the net just fine...pics load halfway sometimes though.

Luckysteve
07-23-2008, 18:37
I had this same issue before and it actually came to me in a dream. I had just bought a new router which was capable of broadcasting 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n. I had it set to broadcast "mixed" since that was the default factory setting. My laptop did not have an 802.11n card so every time it would switch to the N protocol it would drop the connection.

IndyGunFreak
07-23-2008, 20:03
I had this same issue before and it actually came to me in a dream. I had just bought a new router which was capable of broadcasting 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n. I had it set to broadcast "mixed" since that was the default factory setting. My laptop did not have an 802.11n card so every time it would switch to the N protocol it would drop the connection.

Weird, I have a B/G/N router, and have it set to mixed, and no probs at all w/ a dropped connection(My device is not N capable either...)

IGF

Luckysteve
07-23-2008, 20:32
Weird, I have a B/G/N router, and have it set to mixed, and no probs at all w/ a dropped connection(My device is not N capable either...)

IGF

Mine was on 2 laptops and it was my linksys router. Also my PSP freaks out on anything but B.