Fixed my PC all by myself! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fixed my PC all by myself!

Whiskey Six
07-23-2008, 20:51
:supergrin:Woot! Woot! I just replaced the power supply on my PC and it's working again.:supergrin:

I shut my down my computer last night. I only shut it off once in awhile. This morning it wouldn't turn back on. Well it turned on while the button was pushed in then off when I let go. I replaced the power supply and so far so good. I was afraid the motherboard was fried also. It's an eMachine T5026. I know, I know, eMachine power supplies are junk but the computer is pretty fast and has given me no problems for three years now. I went from 300 watts to 500 watts so I hope this will work better. Has a much bigger fan also.

I'm so proud of myself. I might try building one someday.

Washington,D.C.
07-23-2008, 23:59
The newer Emachines aren't too bad. They might have power supplies a bit on the light side but at least the newer ones can be upgraded. The early Emachines PC's had unique power supplies and connectors that didn't interchange with anything. The early ones had thin wires and were fire hazards. Emachines is now owned by Gateway but even before Gateway, Emachines started making better PC's.

IndyGunFreak
07-24-2008, 04:11
:thumbsup:

Now that you've done that, a little reading, and you'll have no probs at all building your own PC.... When the eMachine croaks, buy components, and build your own. You won't save much money, but a $500 PC you build, will be 100x better than a $500 store model.

IGF

RaiderRodney
07-24-2008, 10:14
:thumbsup:

Now that you've done that, a little reading, and you'll have no probs at all building your own PC.... When the eMachine croaks, buy components, and build your own. You won't save much money, but a $500 PC you build, will be 100x better than a $500 store model.

IGF

Agree 100%