Looking for a new USMC tattoo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new USMC tattoo

GreenDrake
07-27-2008, 07:21
OK this has been more difficult than I expected. I have always wanted to get my USMC tat on my left arm, just never did it. Back in the 91 Gulf turkey shoot we were all getting tats in Jacksonville before and after deployment, but I opted for an ankle tat, yeah, I know, don't tell me...it was the thing back then.

So, I am trying to find some tat examples for a left bicep tattoo, nothing too huge but was thinking of something like the M-16 with the M203 on it like I carried in the gulf, or a M198 howitzer, or even the Artillery cross cannons, however trying to find an example of what I want has become difficult. I have checked out every page of grunt.com and googled every imagineable term.

Anyone have a good resource for Marine Corps tattoos, other than those mentioned? Thanks guys. Right now, I am leaning toward the M203 idea. with a USMC under it.

SnapCraklePOP
07-27-2008, 13:52
i dont know of any resources. but i will design you one if you want.

GreenDrake
07-27-2008, 15:31
i dont know of any resources. but i will design you one if you want.

That would be awesome. I was thinking of something simple, just like I mentioned. The M16 with a 203 on it, with the USMC in script below it. Maybe a Semper Fidelis above it. I don't have any photoshop skills.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/m16a1_m203.jpg

SnapCraklePOP
07-27-2008, 16:53
sweet. give me until tomorrow or so and i will try to have you something!

GreenDrake
07-27-2008, 18:04
Thanks so much, very cool of you, no rush. I am not sure on the font for the USMC though, I have seen so many styles.

Semper Fi

Former_usmc
08-10-2008, 20:15
Semper Fi fellow Oh Eight. So after reading that you were thinking about crossed cannons or a one-niner-eight, I was curious as to your MOS. I was an 0861 and 0847, although I was attached to Regiment 11th and 12th Marines, and in Okinawa I was also the Regimental Training NCO.

Just an idea but maybe the Crossed Cannons and Saint Barbara, the patron saint of artillerymen???

(PS I also did the ankle thing. :rofl:) but I also got an Eagle Globe and Anchor on my back shoulder blade, but I also want something on my arm too.

Good luck and Semper Fi brother.

GreenDrake
08-11-2008, 04:40
Oorah, I was 0844 FDC with IIMEF

Still can't decide on the tat...there is a nice colored cross cannons with the bird ball and hook on grunt.com but I'm not sold on it yet.