Schuberth Helmets [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Schuberth Helmets

donbubbo
07-27-2008, 18:49
Question; Is $318 a good price for a Schuberth S1 helmet? I'm thinking it's too good to pass up.:dunno:

Rinspeed
08-02-2008, 22:55
I've never heard of them. I've had a boat load of different helmets over the years and as far as road helmets I don't see myself ever buying anything but Arai.

fnfalman
08-04-2008, 07:21
Schuberth is a familiar brand for BMW riders.

Schuberth tends to focus a lot more on noise reduction and they make claims (that I don't think people can dispute or refute) that their helmets are the quietest available.

The few I saw in the showroom are well made, and the few that I saw in real life are well used.

I personally prefer Arai - specifically the Quantum II model because it fits my head perfectly and I can't complain about the quality or the record of safety (a nice asphalt surf with the head rubbed into the ground for about ten or fifteen yards). As far as loud wind noises, earplugs work great for me.

But we've digressed. Schuberth helmets are generally on the expensive side and are probably worth it. Some of the BMW helmets (not available in the US) are made by Schuberth.