Guns in Airports from WTVM Lee brantley [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Guns in Airports from WTVM Lee brantley

mossy500camo
07-30-2008, 13:02
Guns in airports -- July 18

I really don't get it. The NRA folks have gotten their way with the new laws allowing people to carry concealed weapons into public places like restaurants and public transportation.

I think that is a potentially dangerous situation which we have spoken against before in this forum. Now there is s group who plans to sue the Atlanta Airport for wanting to ban concealed at the airport.

So, we have spent years and millions of tax dollars trying to make our airports one of the safest places in America and now we should allow just anyone to bring handguns into the airport. Oh, I'm sorry, not just anyone the weapons advocates would tell me, only those with permits. Well, that makes me feel a lot safer. Just because one has a permit doesn't mean that person is not going to use that handgun in an illegal or dangerous manner.

We applaud the Atlanta Airport Authority and the Mayor of Atlanta for sticking to their guns, so to speak, and we hope those demanding that guns be allowed in the airport will put theirs away before they go to the airport. unqoute

spdski
07-30-2008, 13:32
I don't understand the problem... They're not asking to carry into the secured areas of the airport. Just the common areas where every bad guy could carry a gun too.

If I am picking up my wife at the airport and want to meet her at baggage claim, why should I disarm? How am I making it any less safe by carrying there?

thooks
07-30-2008, 14:37
Oops. I thought that was a Bham station.

Lee Brantley. I know that name. I think he/she used to be in Huntsville?

Robert A.
07-30-2008, 20:00
I may be going aginst the grain here, but I'm with the reporter here. I mean if something is going to happen, the air is going to be the place its going to happen at.

Yes I do have my CC and I carry every day, but I belive there is just some places you don't need to carry ( like a bar).

thooks
07-31-2008, 07:05
I may be going aginst the grain here, but I'm with the reporter here. I mean if something is going to happen, the air is going to be the place its going to happen at.

Yes I do have my CC and I carry every day, but I belive there is just some places you don't need to carry ( like a bar).

Do what?

They aren't talking about carrying loaded, concealed handguns on your person onto a plane. They are talking being able to be armed while in the pre-security areas of the airports.

I don't see why it's a big deal. By law, it's legal. Keep the thing concealed and there's not a soul that would know. I travel about 25 times a year, 100% of the last two years have been out of the ATL airport. I don't think there'd be a problem with someone carrying concealed there, in the common area, that kept to himself.

JMO