Quick Q for those who applied for CCW [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q for those who applied for CCW

scottschoe
08-01-2008, 04:22
Did you have to pay just to pick up the application form? I'm not talking about after filling it out and submitting, but just actually taking it home from the police station? Cops want to charge me ~30 just to look at the damn thing.

miwall
08-01-2008, 16:44
My Bro-in-law just picked his paperwork up in Tulare County and didn't have to pay anything...yet.
I'm sure it is a county by county basis. I hope you are in a friendly county. We need more good guys carrying.
miwall

scottschoe
08-01-2008, 16:53
My Bro-in-law just picked his paperwork up in Tulare County and didn't have to pay anything...yet.
I'm sure it is a county by county basis. I hope you are in a friendly county. We need more good guys carrying.
miwall

Unfortunately I'm not in a friendly county - my city refused to even give me the paperwork to start until I called the county. Then again, I may be the "first in 9 years" to get one :whistling:

vega
08-01-2008, 19:10
Did you have to pay just to pick up the application form? I'm not talking about after filling it out and submitting, but just actually taking it home from the police station? Cops want to charge me ~30 just to look at the damn thing.

Now that's station robbery.

PicardMD
08-19-2008, 16:56

I thought the state sets rules on what can be charged and how much can be charged. I could be wrong, but I don't think they can charge you $30 dollars just to look at the application (it's LONG, BTW, at least when I had to fill one out.)

Inspire
08-31-2008, 14:24
You don't pay unless you are approved to move on to the next phase.

IF you make it beyond your interview, that's when you pay like $100 for your live scan, then another however much for the class and something else.

Oh and why would they/you pay $30? You can print the damn thing from online. (=