New Lady Glocker [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Lady Glocker

bearwitme
08-02-2008, 09:46
Hi..

My name is Connie and I have just joined the ranks of Glock and CCW in VA. I have introduced myself in the overall forum but would be nice to converse with the ladies about carrying and Glocking. It took me a while to decide to purchase and carry. I have a friend that is a police officer in NY and just talking with her and some of the other women that are starting to carry I decided it was a good idea. I am single so I travel alone most of the time. I also ride a motorcycle and again alone most of the time. I took the class in May of this year and purchased a G26 for concealed carry. I have yet to carry when I go out cause, well I guess I just have to do it. I thought of just carrying the hoster just to get used to the idea if carrying something on my hip. Also my family does not know I carry. Do not think that they will be very happy so I have to approach this tactfully. Eventually I would like to get another weapon, maybe a shot gun for home protection. I am also my mothers caregiver. She has Parkinsons disease and she live with me.
Anyway wanted to introduce myself and hope to converse with the Lady Glockers..

Connie :wavey::wavey:

Swattie's Wife
08-02-2008, 14:41
Hi Connie,

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here. Their are a lot of great people, especially the women, here. I haven't been around long but have noticed that most are very caring and nice! And something that I have learned is that they have some great advice.
Congratulations on your G26. I own a G27 and I really love it. Look forward to your posts.

Susi

bearwitme
08-02-2008, 20:45
Hi Connie,

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here. Their are a lot of great people, especially the women, here. I haven't been around long but have noticed that most are very caring and nice! And something that I have learned is that they have some great advice.
Congratulations on your G26. I own a G27 and I really love it. Look forward to your posts.

Susi

Thanks for the welcome Susi..:wavey::wavey:

Dinky
08-02-2008, 22:23
Welcome Connie:wavey:

bearwitme
08-03-2008, 13:33
Welcome Connie:wavey:

Thanks Dink:wavey:

PrincessCelica
08-03-2008, 22:51
Welcome! Always nice to have some fresh faces around. :supergrin:

It does take time to get used to carrying. I find that even though I open carry, not as many people notice as you would think.

bearwitme
08-04-2008, 10:44
Welcome! Always nice to have some fresh faces around. :supergrin:

It does take time to get used to carrying. I find that even though I open carry, not as many people notice as you would think.

Thanks..:wavey: