Any SQL, Infopath, Sharepoint experts here? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any SQL, Infopath, Sharepoint experts here?

betyourlife
08-03-2008, 12:49
I created a database on my computer which I am temporarily using as a mock server for testing purposes. I created two databases, one of which I created three tables for with actual data in the collumns and rows.

The plan is to set up an infopath form on a sharepoint site with a connection to an SQL server so that 1) anyone can access the form from sharepoint wether they have office 2007 or not and 2) submit the data entered into the form into a SQL database.

My question is, can I build these databases and tables on my computer and then just transfer the .mdf's to the actual server that they will be hosted on, and connect them to the infopath form there?

Or do I actually have to develop the databases on the server itself?

.40Guy
08-06-2008, 18:46
So long as the server has SQL server on it, you can move them. You'd need to move both files, the DB and the logs. If you open SQL Enterprise Manager and right-click the DB and get properties, the FILES section of the details will tell you where those files are.

Best bet would be to back up the DB, then restore it on the server. Just to make sure SQL knows they're there.