Got my VX-200... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got my VX-200...

The Rampage
08-04-2008, 05:40
And I gotta say, with this being my first Swiss ETA, there's an immediately noticeable difference in perceived quality between this and my jap watches. All I know is that I've got one last jap watch to buy, and then I do believe I'll be investing in a few ETAs.

Just winding the crown, the "feel" of the ETA is superior to every Jap watch/movement I own, and that counts both the Japan domestic Orients and Seiko models. I haven't tested the accuracy, but being that I switch watches every day that isn't a real concern of mine. But feel-wise...the VX beats my japs, hands down.

Now, looks...I can't honestly say I'm a huge fan of the VX styling. I already have more than enough dive-style watches, and the VX's face doesn't do much for me. To be honest, I find my Mako MUCH more attractive.

But where the VX REALLY excels is the bracelet...oh yes, the VX bracelet is one of the nicest, most solid I own. Again, I'm not crazy about the styling, per se, but it's a good, thick, 22(?)mm band with just enough bling to make this my choice for weekend semi-dress dinners. It feels better than any jap bracelet I own...the one exception being the Sumo bracelet, but the VX beats that one just based on width.

Overall, I've come to several conclusions about the watch but this is the most important--for the $250 I paid, this is, by far, the biggest watch steal I've ever managed. EVER. It easily outpaces my $400, $500 and even $600 Jap watches--monumental values in their own right--and the second I see a blue VX on Shnoop I'm snapping that up without a second thought.

Bottom line...the VX was an outstanding deal, an awesome watch, and it's flashy enough that it doesn't really suit actual diving very well. It's more at home in an office, at casual weekend dinners or warm-weather vacations. And if you can find one for under three bills?

GET IT.

TR

The Rampage
08-04-2008, 05:48
Oh, speaking of my Sumo...does anyone know if it's possible to remove a scratch from Seiko Hardlex??

On one of my last days in Osaka, I was walking through the biggest train station when some idiotic, moronic, tottering f'ing C*** B***** jap t*** wearing ten pounds of fake jewelry walked right into me, mashing her ugly costume gold bracelets and rings into my left arm. Among many other everyday, common sense and routine things that Japs can't do, walking in straight lines is one of them (I'm not kidding)...so I just brushed her off, literally, and went on my way.

Fifty yards later it occurred to me that she might've hit my watch, so I took a quick glance at my Sumo.

A NICE, DEEP GASH AT 7 O'CLOCK.

I swear, I haven't been that angry in a long, long time. Half of me wanted to turn around, find that **** and do many unspeakable and violent things to her...but obviously that's not something a person does. That realization made me even angrier, and what that retard **** did was effectively RUIN not only my watch but the awesome after-hours plans I'd arranged with the girl accompanying me during the debacle.

So anyway...does anyone know if it's possible to repair such a gash? I was thinking I could send away to Seiko and get the crystal replaced. Bottom line here, though, is that I'm NEVER purchasing a non-sapphire watch again.

Japan would be such a nice place if it weren't for the japs.

TR

RyanSBHF
08-04-2008, 21:14
What are the measurements on the case of the VX-200? (with and without crown)

The Rampage
08-05-2008, 16:12
What are the measurements on the case of the VX-200? (with and without crown)

It's not large at all. I read online that including the crown it measures 45mm, but realistically it appears to be the same size as my Mako.

The band is quite thick, however, making the dial appear smaller than it really is.

Overall, it's a terrific dressy diver watch for weekends and mildly-dressy events.

TR

RyanSBHF
08-06-2008, 20:19
It's not large at all. I read online that including the crown it measures 45mm, but realistically it appears to be the same size as my Mako.

The band is quite thick, however, making the dial appear smaller than it really is.

Overall, it's a terrific dressy diver watch for weekends and mildly-dressy events.

TR

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about picking up the chronograph version of this watch.

VirginiaLEO83
08-07-2008, 09:23
Mine is by far my favorite watch in my collection. People wonder what you pay for, and with this watch you can really feel the quality. A true bargain.

The Rampage
08-08-2008, 03:38
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about picking up the chronograph version of this watch.

Just so you know, the Chrono version is significantly thicker than the standard. I'm not too sure about the diameter, but it's definitely MUCH thicker.

Try doing a search over at watchuseek and you'll probably see a thread on it. I've seen comparison pictures before.

TR