Phone suggestion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Phone suggestion

DiverDn
08-05-2008, 11:15
My 2.5 year old Razor did not survive the washing machine and now I need a new phone.

My wife and I use the phone for about 400 mins a month, do not currently have any data service. We don't use text or pictures much. We would each be getting a new phone as I am sure we will have to sign a new contract.

Anyone have any suggestions for a durable phone?
John

Orkinman
08-05-2008, 13:13
A) Which provider do you use?

B) Do you have accidental damage coverage for the phone? If you don't, and your current contract has not reached it's conclusion, you may be in for sticker shock when you go replace the phone.

C) The most durable phone I've used, has been the Nextel, (now sprint/nextel) i530. It's built pretty damn durable and reminds me of the old Motorola Skytel which were really popular. This was a few years ago but I'm sure they still have a comparable model.

EDIT: The i580 seems to be their replacement for that model.

Wulfenite
08-05-2008, 14:21
Most of the phones I've owned or handled seem to be engineered to only last about 2 years. I've never seen a real ruggadized phone. The last couple motorolas I've had have been good though.

DiverDn
08-05-2008, 15:33
A - Verizon

B - No damage coverage. My current contract is up so that's not an issue. I should be able to get it at a discount.

C - I forgot about Nextel, I will check them out.

Wulf, my motorola has been good, I have just been tough on it.
Thanks

A) Which provider do you use?

B) Do you have accidental damage coverage for the phone? If you don't, and your current contract has not reached it's conclusion, you may be in for sticker shock when you go replace the phone.

C) The most durable phone I've used, has been the Nextel, (now sprint/nextel) i530. It's built pretty damn durable and reminds me of the old Motorola Skytel which were really popular. This was a few years ago but I'm sure they still have a comparable model.

EDIT: The i580 seems to be their replacement for that model.