Adobe Lightroom [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Lightroom

blueiron
08-11-2008, 15:55
Is it worthwhile to buy Lightroom as files grow?

MrsKitty
08-11-2008, 17:44
I don't think so.

I used it from the time of the first beta release until the final release. Towards the end, I found myself using it less and less. When I upgraded to CS3 I found I didn't even miss it.

If you have your own filing system set up so that it is useful to you, and you back it up often, you can get by without it.

On the other hand if you want to batch process RAW files, you may find it priceless.

Do you have PS? Version? Do you need something to batch process RAW? Do you have a good way to process RAW now? How much shooting do you do? Do you have a filing system now that works for you?

MrsKitty
08-11-2008, 17:45
By the way, I love that avatar. Somewhere I have a b/w version I used for a while. :supergrin:

blueiron
08-11-2008, 19:10
I use Photoshop CS3 and was wondering if Lightroom was the 'magic bullet' for processing flow. My files work for me, but I am always looking for something better.

Much of my early work was .jpg only and now do RAW also. Everyone says Capture NX processes better, but I shoot only for myself.

Thanks for saving me money!

MrsKitty
08-11-2008, 19:57
Download the demo and try it. :)

T. Harless
09-06-2008, 19:20
I use PS CS3 and my brother is constantly on me to use Lightroom. I just can't see what it will do for me. I also have Apple's Apereture 2, and while it's supposed to be the bomb, I can't see what it will do for me either...and I own it. I don't see that my workflow is so whacked that I need another program. Maybe I'm missing something cool and important........please enlighten me.