BCT Done onto AIT [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BCT Done onto AIT

ace3587
08-11-2008, 21:31
Finally done BCT. That was almost too easy. Graduated 31 Jul from Ft. Leonard Wood. Delta 2-10 IN. I'm at Ft. Huachuca now and am loving it here. Arizona is very nice. But I am happy to finally be able to be back on GT, and just wanted to post in this forum! I'm going for 35F, no oxymoron jokes please. Stay safe out there!

SIGSAREBETTER
08-11-2008, 21:38
Congrats man.

eisman
08-11-2008, 23:05
AIT can be some of the best time you'll serve. Congratulations, we're here for you.

USDB2FCI
08-12-2008, 00:12
I also went to Ft LostInTheWoods. It was OSUT with B.co 795th MP BN. Good luck!

sfguard
08-12-2008, 00:46
Why not try for a MOS that begins with 18 if BCT was that easy?

ace3587
08-12-2008, 08:19
Thanks for the replys!

I have a feeling BCT has been toned down a lot over the years and the 18 series has not. But, I could be completely wrong. It would definitely be a challenge.

deadday
08-12-2008, 08:39

How easy BCT is for someone has no bearing on their ability to successfully complete SFAS and be selected....That's like someone saying that driver's ed class was easy, and you telling them they should go drive the GrandPrix....

drew

the iceman
08-15-2008, 00:38

:rofl:

the iceman
08-15-2008, 00:42
I don't think there was a difference in my BCT and AIT. It was all together in one.

We were just told one morning that we were starting AIT.

deadday
08-15-2008, 07:59
I don't think there was a difference in my BCT and AIT. It was all together in one.

Yeah, wasn't OSUT fun?

drew

xxiv
08-17-2008, 21:29

Yep. Changed the guidon to a different color and that was that.

xxiv
08-17-2008, 21:31

SF babies go through exactly the same OSUT as leg Infantry/Paratrooper/Ranger contract guys. It's where you report to after that counts.

RONSTAR
08-20-2008, 17:56
How easy BCT is for someone has no bearing on their ability to successfully complete SFAS and be selected....That's like someone saying that driver's ed class was easy, and you telling them they should go drive the GrandPrix....

drew
+1000

sfguard
08-21-2008, 00:12
While BCT being easy don't mean that you would complete the SFAS much less make a Alpha team you said it was easy. That to me means you can hold up to alot more of a challenge. So in that case don't listen to these others if you have gone through training and thought it was easy go for it. You may do better than you think but you will never know if you don't try.

GreenBeret1631
08-21-2008, 00:43

WTF is an sfguard? :upeyes:

Are you talking about the Air Force Security people, and/or the former 'Air Police?'

What do you know about the 18 series MOS? Do you know what an ODA is? :poke:

sfguard
08-21-2008, 10:46
WTF is an sfguard? :upeyes:

Are you talking about the Air Force Security people, and/or the former 'Air Police?'

What do you know about the 18 series MOS? Do you know what an ODA is? :poke:

I have seen a 12 man Operation Detachment Alpha on TV :rofl:. While due to a injury suffered during SUT ending a 10 year Army career resulting in some of us not make it as far as we wanted don't assume we have no idea. But since you wanted to start personal attacks about something that is none of your business what kind of green beret posts on the net what he has accomplished. Most I have seen were humble and level headed neither of which you seem to be. I still think if the kid thought training was easy he should go for it. He never knows until he tries.

GreenBeret1631
08-21-2008, 17:43
sfguard;11113850]I have seen a 12 man Operation Detachment Alpha on TV :rofl:. While due to a injury suffered during SUT ending a 10 year Army career resulting in some of us not make it as far as we wanted don't assume we have no idea.

You saw an ODA on TV, well that figures! Was it this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A-Team

Also thank you for your service. My point was if you haven't been on an ODA, or gone through the SF 'Q' Course and become a QUALIFIED SF soldier, you shouldn't be giving advice on Special Forces matters to anybody.

But since you wanted to start personal attacks about something that is none of your business

My other point was the question that I asked you and you failed to answer. What is the 'Blue" beret with SFGuard on it? What does it stand for or represent? I'm just curious, since no Army unit that I'm aware of uses a 'Blue' beret with that slogan on it.

I'm sorry you have classed my request for info, as a 'Personal attack.' since it wasn't, nor is this message, for that matter either.

what kind of green beret posts on the net what he has accomplished. Most I have seen were humble and level headed neither of which you seem to be.

Please point out where, I have posted what I have accomplished. If your talking about my profile, it says very little about my accomplishments. On the other hand, yours say's nothing, the last time I checked it. Now that you mention it though I do have a lot of accomplishments both in the military and civilian life.

As for your assessment of my level humbleness, etc., I must congratulate you on your uncanny ability, to made such a determination based on one post, on a person you have never met or know nothing about. :upeyes:

I still think if the kid thought training was easy he should go for it. He never knows until he tries.

You, of course are entitled to your opinions. IMO you shouldn't be trying to tell anybody anything about SF, since you have NO REAL knowledge and/or experience with that subject! :frown:

deadday
08-21-2008, 18:32
USAF issues blue berets to their Security Forces (SF=MP)....As for the guard part...I really don't know...Maybe he is in the ANG instead of Active AF? *shrugs*

What is SUT?

drew

GreenBeret1631
08-21-2008, 20:36
USAF issues blue berets to their Security Forces (SF=MP)....As for the guard part...I really don't know...Maybe he is in the ANG instead of Active AF? *shrugs*

What is SUT?

drew

I sort of mentioned the Air Force Air Police and/or Security in my message to him, wondering what the Blue Beret was and what the 'sf Guard' logo, stood for. He sort of ignored those questions for some reason. :whistling:

SUT: Small Unit Tactics - Normally, FNGs to the Army need to take it as part of getting ready to attempt to fulfill 18X contracts.

OSUT is One Stop Unit Training - Basic and AIT together in one place.

GreenBeret1631
08-21-2008, 20:38
1. DLAB, Security Clearance, SF Group assignment, MOS and foreign language assingment will all be made at the start of the SFQC.

2. SFAS - develop the "whole man" concept. Identify characteristics of the SF Warrior (Reduce or eliminate training during this phase).

3. Phase II - Small Unit Tactics (SUT); integrate SERE; Peacetime Governmental Dentention/Hostage Detention; Language Block I; incorporate Common Leader Training (CLT).

4. Phase III - MOS Training; integrate Instructor Trainer Course; add SF Common Tasks; digitized POI; Language block II; DLPT

5. Phase IV - Language Block III "The Blitz"; DLPT; maintain warrior edge, range firing, etc.

6. Phase V - UW Culmination excersise "Robin Sage" - the final exam; regional orientation and language segments; intelligence operations

7. Phase VI - Regimental first formation and graduation!

deadday
08-21-2008, 20:41
I sort of mentioned the Air Force Air Police and/or Security in my message to him, wondering what the Blue Beret was and what the 'sf Guard' logo, stood for. He sort of ignored those questions for some reason. :whistling:

SUT: Small Unit Tactics - FNGs to the Army need to take it as part of getting ready to attempt to fulfill 18X contracts.

Yeah, I know OSUT, I went through it for 19D....Just wasn't familiar with SUT...Thanks..

drew

sfguard
08-21-2008, 21:31

SUT: Small Unit Tactics - Normally, FNGs to the Army need to take it as part of getting ready to attempt to fulfill 18X contracts.

I didn't ignore what sfguard stood for you had it figured out I didn't think I needed to go any further. Yes I am currently Security Forces for the Air Guard. That is posted lots of places here as well I have never claimed it to mean anything else. But after Army active duty and due to a injury I had a re-enlistment code for medical of a 3. After 2 years time and having a friend in the unit I joined I began work on my waiver and enlisted. I then went through training for that. But as already stated I was in the Army for 10 years approx. and served as a 91B.

My life is now a open book I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. My only regret is a nasty fall that I took in training. **** happens is how I now look at it. Did I waste alot of time getting ready for the course? I don't think so. Do I wish things had turned out different so I could see what would happen? Looking back on events that have happened since then ie meeting my wife, birth of our daughter and so on I would have to say no.

I was only shooting some words of encouragement to the guy that just competed Basic nothing more nothing less. I still say if he don't try he will never know. I tried and didn't make it but I will never stand in the way of anyone else and do encourage others to try for it.

AH-1
08-23-2008, 11:38
I never dealt with zoomies much as I was in the cav.I just thought it was funny when we had one of their F.O. (jat) attached and he lived downtown in the ville and had a expense card.:rofl::rofl::rofl:.hard core sob's.
pete

deadday
08-23-2008, 16:54
I never dealt with zoomies much as I was in the cav.I just thought it was funny when we had one of their F.O. (jat) attached and he lived downtown in the ville and had a expense card.:rofl::rofl::rofl:.hard core sob's.
pete

Have you read about the new 'Luxury Pods' (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/17/AR2008071703161.html) the AF wants to spend a few hundred million on for their troops while deployed? ****ing ridiculous...

drew

sfguard
08-23-2008, 17:50
pete
Where did you deploy too?

sfguard
08-23-2008, 17:53
Have you read about the new 'Luxury Pods' (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/17/AR2008071703161.html) the AF wants to spend a few hundred million on for their troops while deployed? ****ing ridiculous...

drew

First I have heard of them. Tell me all about them

deadday
08-23-2008, 18:11
First I have heard of them. Tell me all about them

Clicky the linky...

drew

sfguard
08-23-2008, 18:57
Clicky the linky...

drew

I will have to look at it later the link isn't showing up on my blackberry

sfguard
08-24-2008, 20:48
Clicky the linky...

drew

Don't know what I thought it was but that isn't what I had imagined. Senior Brass:upeyes:

CPT_CRUNCH
08-27-2008, 14:18
Back to the original message of this thread...
Good luck in AIT, Huachuca is tons better than Leonardwood. If you want to continue ENJOYING Huachuca after AIT stay OUT of NETCOM or you'll be buried in a hole like the rest of us. And dont let the "green" here fool you. Monsoon season is over and it will soon be back to desert.