What do you think of this site? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this site?

Kimelac
08-12-2008, 20:01
I just took over as the webmaster for my lodge, and completely revamped the site.

Looking for constructive criticism if you have any to offer.

http://mtcarmel133.org

Mike

grecco
08-12-2008, 20:07
Great job!

hawgrider
08-13-2008, 11:11
Looks good - Lots of good info about your lodge.

deputy tom
08-14-2008, 12:08
Very nice site Mike.tom.:cool:

jetboatdriver
08-14-2008, 16:49
Awesome!!!
Looks great, really like the click and expand to get to the detail.

Kimelac
08-14-2008, 20:05
thanks guys.

Can you think of anything that I might be able to include, that I may have forgotten, or that a typical mason would want on a site like this?

I appreciate all the comments.

Mike

jetboatdriver
08-14-2008, 20:46
thanks guys.

Can you think of anything that I might be able to include, that I may have forgotten, or that a typical mason would want on a site like this?

I appreciate all the comments.

Mike

Name and location of the nearest

BBQ or Pancake place for post meeting/floor school/degree work evaluation session. Alternately the best place for coffee :supergrin:

Other than that, I think you have it nailed.

My only comment is that you are putting a lot of private phone numbers on the WORLD WIDE WEB - I wouldn't do that. But if y'all are OK with it go for it

jrr6602
08-15-2008, 08:11
JetBoatDriver you forgot a place to get a good Country Fried Steak.

Duncan223
08-15-2008, 08:15
Very nice!!!

jetboatdriver
08-15-2008, 08:28
JetBoatDriver you forgot a place to get a good Country Fried Steak.

Jrr - either you own a Dairy Queen or you aren't really in GP :rofl:

Here in TX it is CHICKEN fried steak and the ONLY place in Ft Worth for Chicken Fried Steak is Massey's on 8th - everybody know that.

It somehow happens though that we seem to get a lot of those Riscky's CF Things :wow:

(and yes I know he IS in TX and he goes to FW for functions - I am just messing with him)

jrr6602
08-15-2008, 08:43
They call it Country Fried Steak In that part of the Country. No, I don't own a DQ. I do like the Blizzards. Massey's is not as good as when the Massey's own it, but it's still pretty good.

jetboatdriver
08-15-2008, 09:05
Ya know since we both go to the same Temple and belong to some of the same organizations, one of these days we need to meet in person versus GT :supergrin:

JayPap
09-03-2008, 19:04
Very impressive, that is one of the better one's I've seen.

Kimelac
09-03-2008, 19:54
Thanks, Jay.

I am actually feeling as if it is a little on the lean side, and needs some more info. I also worked up the warren5.org website, and am getting ready to turn it into something closer to the mtcarmel133.org .

I am slowly working on building a message forum for masons on the mtcarmel133.org, but that is taking some time. I'll probably need a couple other guys to help with ideas on what forums and categories to add.

I browse other masonic sites almost daily to try and see what is out there, what works well and what doesn't. I am open to suggestions, if you've seen anything that works well.

Thanks again for the nice words.

Hauptmann6
09-03-2008, 21:43
I know nothing about the Masons but the site looks good. Although I wouldn't put your officers addresses on there or all their contact info. Way too public.

MarcoPolo
09-09-2008, 11:54
I would leave the officers phone numbers. I recently spent a few weeks out of state and was able to contact several lodges and visit due to the phone numbers being published.