Summertime Special for GLIPSC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Special for GLIPSC

TreehugginGlock
08-14-2008, 14:21
:welcome: :wavey: Just wanted to let you folks know that GLIPSC is having a summertime special.

From now until the end of September, our Thursday night shoots at Bluegrass Indoor will only be $5 instead of our usual $10.

We start shooting around 6pm and once everyone has shot for score, you get to do reshoots for free as many times as you want or until the RO's have pooped out.

If you're not familiar with us, we shoot all styles of shooting, IPSC-style, IDPA-style and GSSF-style. You never know what you'll be doing until you get there.

You will need your gun (9mm or higher) (no magnums please) (22's are allowed for the little ones), holster, a couple of mags and mag pouches (pockets will do if that's what you're used to), eye protection and ear protection. Our average round count is 20-30 depending on the style we're shooting that night. No membership is required, just a good attitude and a desire to shoot in a safe environment.

Come on out, enjoy the sport and make new friends.:wavey::welcome:

TreehugginGlock
08-20-2008, 12:43
:bump:

ciwsguy
08-20-2008, 19:11
[QUOTE=

Come on out, enjoy the sport and make new friends.:wavey::welcome:[/QUOTE]

Guess folks are kinda busy. As I said in the Lead posting, I quit shooting at Bluegrass Indoor years ago because of the headaches I got shooting there. Do any current BGI shooters experience headaches ??

Berretta9
08-20-2008, 20:31
None that I know of. It's a lot better than it used to be. My lead levels are not that high and I shoot there every week, sometimes twice a week. I also work with it a lot in my line of work but never handle it without gloves. I don't pick up my brass either. 45gunner shoots a lot more rounds than I do. It will be interesting to see if shooting outside only will change his levels much. I think a lot of it has to do with what you shoot. I shoot Montana Golds. They don't seem to have that cloud that others shooting lead seem to have. Atomized lead falls to the floor pretty quickly as it weighs a lot more than the air around it but if you are blasting a way with it you are bound to be breathing some of it in. The smoke is way better than it used to be too.
People do tend to get busier in the summer. The numbers will jump up quite a bit in the winter. Take a few asprin and come shoot with us.

ciwsguy
08-22-2008, 16:41
Take a few asprin and come shoot with us.

Didn't work for me back then, and doubt you know the intensity of the headaches I suffered. No amount of aspirin was going to fix that.

BTW, are these shoots "quick draw"? If so, I don't think I'd want to do that. It's a wonder Quicksdraw McGraw never shot Baba-Louie in those cartoons. :supergrin:

Berretta9
08-22-2008, 19:26
You guys don't draw from holsters out there ??

45gunner
08-22-2008, 20:47
You guys don't draw from holsters out there ??

Are you allowed to shoot or just make loud noises?

ciwsguy
08-23-2008, 07:52
Are you allowed to shoot or just make loud noises?

:supergrin:very funny!:supergrin: Somebody is sure making loud noises, if you know what I mean!:supergrin: