Do you CCW at Red Rocks? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do you CCW at Red Rocks?

gadget_guy
08-19-2008, 22:37
Last weekend, we went to the Jack Johnson concert at RR. Being a good kid, I decided not to carry, but hate doing that. I have only been there a few times since I got my permit, and forgot how lax their rules, searches and security are.

My wife also chose not to carry, but just before the concert we did notice a couple walk past with the exact same coronodo carry purse. Not sure if that woman had iron or not.

So a group of pot heads right in front of us got a little rowdy a couple times. Words were exchanged between some, pushing and shoving started. That time was far enough away the fight could be ignored for the most part (about 6 people over). Before this I exchanged words with this person when he lit up in front of me and I told him to put it out or move away from my pregnant wife. He did comply and it was just after this he got into it with someone else at the other end while lit up. I had to push another kid out of the way a bit one time and he got all worked up over me touching his back to keep us at a safe distance.

Others approached me and all said thank you for keeping them in check and not allowing them to get out of hand. I thought that was kind of cool.

It was one of those times that I was glad I was NOT packing as I would of had to be even nicer than I was. I did not really feel like I was in danger at any time, but that was also because they were so high they had trouble standing, but if it were a different group of people and different situation, things could go bad.

I think next time I will keep with my standard practice of non disclosure. The "please don't bring weapons" rule is nice, but clearly others don't follow any of the other rules...

sasq
11-16-2008, 16:47
I've been to a few concerts and events and never noticed them with a wand or any type of detector. They do check bags, backpacks and jackets.

cysoto
11-16-2008, 18:04
Remember that when you joined this Community College you signed a waiver saying that you agreed not to bring weapons into the campus. If you are a student of this institution you could (and probably will) be expelled from the institution if you are caught by Red Rocks PD carrying a firearm on their campus.

Having said that I will also add that, if I was in a similar situation, I would probably instead just avoid taking my pregnant wife into any type of situation where there is even the slightest chance of her having to come in contact with these potheads.

Oldskoolfan
11-16-2008, 18:07
It was one of those times that I was glad I was NOT packing as I would of had to be even nicer than I was. I did not really feel like I was in danger at any time, but that was also because they were so high they had trouble standing, but if it were a different group of people and different situation, things could go bad.

I think next time I will keep with my standard practice of non disclosure. The "please don't bring weapons" rule is nice, but clearly others don't follow any of the other rules...

So you can be mean to people when you are not packing, but have to be nice when you are? Why not just be a nice person all the time?

And think about it, you took your wife to a concert, people are generally going to smoke at concerts. In my opinion you are in the wrong.

modII
11-18-2008, 11:14
Is it illegal to carry at Red Rocks? I would be more concerned about my pregnant wife giving those stinky hippies a swift karate chop to the jugular, and a vicious roundhouse to the dreadlocks as soon as they lit up. Of course it is Red Rocks and it's not as bad as the time I saw a chick take a crap, during the show, in row 10 because she was so screwed up on LSD. Now that is a way to disperse a crowd.

FrogWithAGlock
11-19-2008, 21:49
Remember that when you joined this Community College you signed a waiver saying that you agreed not to bring weapons into the campus. If you are a student of this institution you could (and probably will) be expelled from the institution if you are caught by Red Rocks PD carrying a firearm on their campus.

Having said that I will also add that, if I was in a similar situation, I would probably instead just avoid taking my pregnant wife into any type of situation where there is even the slightest chance of her having to come in contact with these potheads.

Was he referring to Red Rocks college? I thought he was refering to Red Rocks Amphitheater. He would not have to be a student.......

cysoto
11-20-2008, 04:53
Was he referring to Red Rocks college? I thought he was refering to Red Rocks Amphitheater. He would not have to be a student.......

It didn't even cross my mind...