Be Careful of the Ka-BOOM! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful of the Ka-BOOM!

hmb
08-20-2008, 07:29
When General Merl McPeek took over command as Cinc Pac for Asia and the Pacific, he instatuted a policy that all officers under his command would be armed. So all the officers were issued firearms and were required to wear them when on duty. One Major, an Air Force Judge Advocate whom I knew, was horsing around with his weapon and it discharged right there in the legal office at Hickam. I suppose that was the end of that Major's career.

dakrat
08-20-2008, 11:51
When General Merl McPeek took over command as Cinc Pac for Asia and the Pacific, he instatuted a policy that all officers under his command would be armed. So all the officers were issued firearms and were required to wear them when on duty. One Major, an Air Force Judge Advocate whom I knew, was horsing around with his weapon and it discharged right there in the legal office at Hickam. I suppose that was the end of that Major's career.

you know sometimes I dont understand people. what gives them the itch to play with loaded firearms... i hear this all the time. last was the two security forces playing fast draw on each other with a loaded m9 :wow:. they even have it on video :faint:.

AF-Odin
08-20-2008, 18:14
Reminds me of an incident from old SAC alert days. A couple of the SPs (the name in those long ago days) decided to play fast draw at the entry control point to the alert area (boredom on a long winter night shift). End result was they shot each other---luckily neither was life threatening, but was career ending for both.

dewidmt
08-22-2008, 11:55
When I worked ER at the hospital at Misawa, Japan (89-92), we had a few triage patients brought in during a base exercise. One of them was a Major. When we rolled him over to look for "injuries", his .38 was sittin there on the gurney...COCKED! He stated he'd been told to carry it like that...sheesh.....