Glipsc 8-21-08 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 8-21-08

TreehugginGlock
08-21-2008, 19:34
Well, sorry to say, we had a very light turn out tonight for GLIPSC. We had a couple of regular men down due to medical issues (only one of which had anything to do with shooting). We also missed our 1911 fellows espcially since I designed the 2 (yes 2) stages with them in mind. They had requested some IDPA style stages also, so that's what I had planned. Oh well, guess their loss.

Yes, folks, we had 2 IDPA-style stages. They were actually variations from a couple of the stages from the 2008 Badlands Championship in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

First one started seated in a chair with your gun on a step stool. 3 targets at various distances. At the beep, pick up your gun and then shoot the targets while seated (not manditory) in tactical priority (closest to furthest) and in tactical sequence (engage each target once before re-engaging). Needed to have 2 on each paper.

Second started with your back to 3 targets. At the beep, turn, draw your weapon, then fire 2 rounds into each inverted target, manditory mag change and then 2 rounds again in each target. At least one of the 4 shots had to be in the "head" (which the targets were upside down). Made for an interesting challenge since your sense of where the zones were was messed up with the targets being upside down.

The folks that showed up had a nice time, but we sure would like to see more of you folks join us (makes it more fun with more folks), especially since we have reduced the participation fee to only $5 until the end of September. Put us on your calender. I assure you that you will have a good time and get in some good skill testing.

Leigh Ann J. - 26.40 - G17
Greg H. - 27.14 - STI 2011
Claude W.- 45.10 - XD

As for any concerns with lead levels at the range, I understand that OSHA will be inspecting the place soon, so if there are issues that need to be addressed, then they should be brought to light and corrected.

cwshootersupply
08-25-2008, 21:07
Next time can I score higher if I just chuck the XD downrange?:rofl:

TreehugginGlock
08-27-2008, 10:37
Next time can I score higher if I just chuck the XD downrange?:rofl:Perhaps. :whistling: I say get a Glock.

See you Thursday.