caffeine for Mac users [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : caffeine for Mac users

The Pontificator
08-23-2008, 21:32
"Caffeine is a tiny program that puts an icon (a coffee cup) in the right side of your menu bar. Click it to prevent your Mac from automatically going to sleep, dimming the screen or starting screen savers. Click it again to go back. Hold down the Command key while clicking to show the menu. The menu now has a sub-menu for deactivating Caffeine automatically after a number of minutes."

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/31941

I just downloaded it and dragged it into the applications folder. What could be simpler? Works great! :thumbsup:

The Pontificator
11-09-2008, 13:07
:bump:

Na dean sin!
11-11-2008, 17:00
Deleted

dox1842
11-11-2008, 18:34
I've just bought my first Mac, what would be the advantage of this over the energy saving settings? I'm ignorant about computers so please give me some latitude here. Also I see there are a lot of free downloads available for Mac's is there any way to verify that they are safe?

This program is good if say, you are watching a long video on youtube. You dont have to worry about the screen saver coming on while watching it. As for verifying that programs are safe or not I would try to download programs from download.com they check for spyware and viruses.