Lasagne what? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lasagne what?

elenaidan
08-24-2008, 16:48
Does anyone out there have a kick butt lasagne recipe. My kid's won't eat anything I through at them in the category of adult foods. I swear I think they would live on Mac & Cheese, pizza and lemonade. Every time I make lasagne it comes out too wet, has a very loose consistency and never as tasty as what I've tried in other places.

Any input would be appreciated.

Dandapani
08-24-2008, 17:05
Look for a no-boiled noodle recipe. They tend to be dryer.

sweetatergal
08-27-2008, 15:32
Do you make your own sause or use a jar? Also, do you add tomato PASTE? Do you use Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese when making the dish?

Cinic
08-27-2008, 15:51
My wife made this one once.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/turkey-lasagna-recipe2/

I dunno why she uses turkey sausage. The two plus pounds of cheese make this anything but healthy. But it was the best damn lasagna I've ever had.

sweetatergal
08-27-2008, 16:03
My wife made this one once.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/turkey-lasagna-recipe2/

I dunno why she uses turkey sausage. The two plus pounds of cheese make this anything but healthy. But it was the best damn lasagna I've ever had.

I could not write out a recipe for Lasagna if my life depended on it! I change mine up everytime I make it. I make my own sause...I could not tell you how much of anything goes in there......little of this, dash of that, handful of this.....:rofl:

MrsKitty
08-27-2008, 19:13
I could not write out a recipe for Lasagna if my life depended on it! I change mine up everytime I make it. I make my own sause...I could not tell you how much of anything goes in there......little of this, dash of that, handful of this.....:rofl:

Hey, I cook like that! :wavey:

sweetatergal
08-28-2008, 08:28
Hey, I cook like that! :wavey:

I learned it honestly. My Great Aunt and Grandmother cooked like that. :supergrin:

:wavey:

pupcuss27
08-28-2008, 09:02
Here is Rachael Ray's lasagna recipe from their Web site:

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1958

A lot of other great ideas their...

elenaidan
08-31-2008, 17:43
Do you make your own sause or use a jar? Also, do you add tomato PASTE? Do you use Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese when making the dish?

Howdy, sorry for the delay in reply. Busy with kids and work. I usually make my own sauce and it's a fairly dense sauce (heavy with tomato paste). I have used fresh Ricotta and the prepackaged kind. Prepackaged does better due to low moisture content by comparison. I will try the recipes suggested above however and thank you all very much for the direction.

sweetatergal
09-01-2008, 09:38
Howdy, sorry for the delay in reply. Busy with kids and work. I usually make my own sauce and it's a fairly dense sauce (heavy with tomato paste). I have used fresh Ricotta and the prepackaged kind. Prepackaged does better due to low moisture content by comparison. I will try the recipes suggested above however and thank you all very much for the direction.

I always use paste to make it thicker and if you do use the cottage cheese (I usually do) beat an egg into the cottage cheese. That will thicken up the moisture in the cheese. Ricotta, I usually drain it first if there is any liquid in the container. Mine still comes out a little runny, but not too bad. I've found that letting it set for a little bit (about 15 minutes) after taking it out of the oven helps. It thickens a bit as it cools.