wireless mouse for PC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : wireless mouse for PC?

cassandra
08-27-2008, 09:16
DH bought us a wireless mouse for our home PC but it's a notebook mouse and its erratic action drives me crazy. I did use control panel to slow it down but it's always been squirrely. now it's caput.

Isn't there any kind of larger model for regular PCs? I searched and all I find are notebook mice, and that's all I ever see advertised at Best Buy etc. Seems like there would be a market for something like this. :dunno:

IndyGunFreak
08-27-2008, 09:21
DH bought us a wireless mouse for our home PC but it's a notebook mouse and its erratic action drives me crazy. I did use control panel to slow it down but it's always been squirrely. now it's caput.

Isn't there any kind of larger model for regular PCs? I searched and all I find are notebook mice, and that's all I ever see advertised at Best Buy etc. Seems like there would be a market for something like this. :dunno:

Try looking at Tigerdirect.com or Newegg.com

IGF

RaiderRodney
08-27-2008, 10:51
There are several wireless mice to choose from that are normal sized. I would recommend sticking to Logitechs....I use both for home and work and never had a problem with them. I also game with the one at home with no lag problems at all.

Here are some at newegg:

Wireless Mice (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010290065%2050001080%201083007044%201083607056&bop=And&Order=BESTMATCH)

cassandra
08-28-2008, 09:08
Well, hell, I walked across the street to Best Buy and Staples and they had all kinds of them. A couple years ago I couldn't find any, go figure. Guess I need to shop more often.

So I bought a Logitech L8 (?) and it's just as jumpy as the notebook mouse. I had to set it as slow as I can in control panel. Wish now I'd just gotten a wire optical like I have at work.

Why is the wireless action so different?

RaiderRodney
08-28-2008, 09:15
Well, hell, I walked across the street to Best Buy and Staples and they had all kinds of them. A couple years ago I couldn't find any, go figure. Guess I need to shop more often.

So I bought a Logitech L8 (?) and it's just as jumpy as the notebook mouse. I had to set it as slow as I can in control panel. Wish now I'd just gotten a wire optical like I have at work.

Why is the wireless action so different?

Can you change the dpi setting? Did you install all the drivers? Both the ones I use aren't any quicker than a wired...by choice :)

cassandra
08-28-2008, 13:07
Can you change the dpi setting? Did you install all the drivers? Both the ones I use aren't any quicker than a wired...by choice :)

I don't know how to change the dpi setting. How do I do it? All I did was go into control panel, mouse and put it on low.

I was surprised there was no driver CD with it. It "installed" itself...should I have looked for a better driver on the machine somewhere? How?

Gun Shark
08-28-2008, 17:54
Look at microsoft mice and keyboards
I use them and they are great. I have never had a problem with them.

d3athp3nguin
08-28-2008, 22:42
Yea, Not that you'd want to buy another mouse, but if the mouse advertises its dpi (dots per inch) number, you would probably like a lower number (300-500) instead of the 1000-2000 dpi "gamer" mice made to go twitchy fast on huge screens. In plain english: look for an el-cheapo microsoft mouse. In this case, cheap mouse usually means less sensitive, ie. less jumpy.

cassandra
08-30-2008, 06:52
Mmm, well gee it does make a difference when one downloads the right driver, doesn't it? Sheeesh...I learn this stuff every two years when I install something new, then forget it. The easy plug and play always throws me off. :embarassed:

Anyway, all better now. Thanks guys.

neon
08-30-2008, 11:18
Try changing to fresh batteries. Mine does the same thing when batteries are low.
Mr Neon

cassandra
08-30-2008, 15:56
Try changing to fresh batteries. Mine does the same thing when batteries are low.
Mr Neon

It's fine now, just needed the right driver & some adjustment. :thumbsup:

The Pontificator
08-31-2008, 10:42
I have 2 microsoft wireless mice. one is a notebook model 3000 and the other is a laser mouse 5000. the 3k is hooked up to my linux netbook and the laser 5k is hooked up to a mac mini.

so far, no real problems although the 'dongle' on the 5k is less of a dongle and more of a usb hockey puck. too darn large IMO.