Acer Aspire One: Increasing total storage capacity [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire One: Increasing total storage capacity

The Pontificator
08-27-2008, 18:50
Transcend 8GB SDHC card arrived today ($24 plus shipping). It took about 4 seconds to insert the card into the netbook's secondary SD card slot and it was instantly recongnized.

:thumbsup:

IndyGunFreak
08-27-2008, 19:14
Transcend 8GB SDHC card arrived today ($24 plus shipping). It took about 4 seconds to insert the card into the netbook's secondary SD card slot and it was instantly recongnized.

:thumbsup:

So now you have what, 12gigs?

IGF

The Pontificator
08-29-2008, 06:12
So now you have what, 12gigs?

IGF Yes, 12 free gigs. The operating system and applications take up an additional 2 gigs.

GixxerSixxer
08-29-2008, 12:53
12 gigs is plenty for what the computer was designed to do. My additional 8 gig SD card in my EEE is empty.

XP takes up pretty much the whole 4 gig soldered SD card on my computer so a lot my programs are stored on the D: drive SD card.

I'ce also mounted the extra 8 gig SD card onto the computer so I can store programs there.

The Pontificator
08-29-2008, 16:27
Overall I'm extremely pleased with the Aspire One.

Yeah, the 3-cell battery is sucky but recharge time is fairly quick.

It certainly draws interest at whatever wifi hotspot I'm in esp. from the ladies :ladiesman:

bobby_w
08-30-2008, 05:43
I put a Patriot 16gb SDHC Class 6 card in my Aspire One (AAO) and it was instantly recoginized.

I bought mine to keep/carry in my Goldwing motorcycles trunk. No moving parts to worry about bouncing around and it takes up very little room.

I can keep it recharged from the 12volt plug in the trunk while I drive/park.

The Pontificator
08-31-2008, 12:19
I put a Patriot 16gb SDHC Class 6 card in my Aspire One (AAO) and it was instantly recoginized.

I bought mine to keep/carry in my Goldwing motorcycles trunk. No moving parts to worry about bouncing around and it takes up very little room.

I can keep it recharged from the 12volt plug in the trunk while I drive/park.

how about posting a pic of your AA1 recharging from inside the trunk? That'd be cool!