Any georgia FFL holders on here? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any georgia FFL holders on here?

southGA
08-27-2008, 20:06
I have a chance to buy a nice Ruger m77 .308 rifle. I know the guy who is selling it, but not very well. I've probably met the guy 4 or 5 times. We got to talkin the other day when we passed each other in wally world. Started off talkin about huntin season comin up. Next thing I know he asks if I'd be interested in rifle mentioned above. Nothing strange except the price. $200 dollars. In my mind it seems to good to be true. I've already taken a look at it and it is in great condition. My question is, since I don't know this guy real well, and it seems a little too good on the price, how can I be sure it is not stolen? Can a local dealer run the numbers for me? Can I call the local cops and have them run it? What do you guys do when someone tries to pawn/sell you a firearm? Thanks for the help in advance.

FillYerHands
08-28-2008, 11:07
Since you have gotten no replies, and this is probably generic enough a question, you might want to post this in General Non-Glock. You will probably get more answers than you want. :whistling:

This is also probably the same answer for all states.

Good luck!

Adam5
09-07-2008, 19:56
You can take the gun to any law enforcement agency and they will run the serial number to see if it was reported as stolen. A bit of warning though, if it comes back as stolen, they will confiscate it on the spot.

SCC
09-09-2008, 18:53
You can take the gun to any law enforcement agency and they will run the serial number to see if it was reported as stolen. A bit of warning though, if it comes back as stolen, they will confiscate it on the spot. and put you in jail for the stolen gun :whistling:

spotco2
09-10-2008, 00:16
and put you in jail for the stolen gun :whistling:

Not usually, but they will want to know where you got it.

Just get the guys name and contact info on a bill of sale and you should be good to go.