Fit For Duty Exam [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fit For Duty Exam

Biscuitsjam
08-28-2008, 06:32
I've been in the National Guard for 4 1/2 years now, and I recieved a letter in the mail ordering me to appear for a Fit For Duty Exam. I've never even had an LOD. What gives?

nothing
08-28-2008, 17:22
Are you sure it's not your 5 year physical?

Biscuitsjam
08-28-2008, 17:49
That was my initial thought, but the other guys that have been in a few months longer than me don't have exams. It could be that's all it is.

This is called a Fit For Duty Exam in the letter I received. I thought that physicals were called something else?

GMAN40
09-01-2008, 06:29
I've been in the National Guard for 4 1/2 years now, and I recieved a letter in the mail ordering me to appear for a Fit For Duty Exam. I've never even had an LOD. What gives?

I was active duty for 12 years, NG for 10 years. The last 5 months before I was going to retire they sent me for this deployment physical(which was BS! formality) and deployed me to Iraq. Alot of guys faked injures and got lost in the shuffle and never went over( and later on got promotions)The original reg. stated you could not be deployed if you had under a year on your enlistment. Guess what? GWB changed all the rules and I wound up in Iraq for 14 months and 16 days. I finally retired.

Biscuitsjam
09-01-2008, 09:33
I am the only one in my unit (that I know of) being ordered to go to this "Fit For Duty Exam." Maybe it's just a 5-year physical, but the other guys at 5 years time-in-service weren't ordered to go.

There is a phone number on the letter in case I need to reschedule... I'll have to do that since I won't be able to pick up my medical file from the armory before the exam date.

Biscuitsjam
09-03-2008, 17:40
Well, I'm apparently flagged as non-deployable/non-retainable. I still have absolutely no idea why, and nobody will tell me.

GJ1981
09-03-2008, 17:55
Has your hearing/vision gone downhill? That sounds pretty messed up that they won't even tell you anything. I knew guys from my unit that got flagged but they knew why. Very strange

deadday
09-03-2008, 19:26
Well, I'm apparently flagged as non-deployable/non-retainable. I still have absolutely no idea why, and nobody will tell me.

Did you go to BMH or anything after you last deployment? Do you have an AKO account? You can check your medical readisness there and it may tell you why you are flagged...

Fit-For-Duty exams are given during or just prior to the MEB/PEB process...Do you have a common name? Paperwork ****-up possibly?

drew

Biscuitsjam
09-03-2008, 22:27
I think I may know what's going on...

One of the civilian techs at our last SRP didn't know how to operate the blood pressure gizmo and couldn't figure out how to use it... I'm listed as a "3" in that area...

I was supposed to attend an army school this weekend, but it got cancelled because of this crap.

Biscuitsjam
09-06-2008, 17:09
Nope, my guess was wrong. An idiot civilian doctor had written me up for a non-deployable/non-retainable profile for "traumatic brain injury" because I hurt my neck in Iraq 3 years ago. About 10 minutes with an army doctor and that profile was gone and I could go home.

Other soldiers had profiles for "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" because they admitted that they saw people die (even though they didn't show symptoms). Almost every soldier present was there for a BS profile that didn't fit their symptoms.

deadday
09-06-2008, 19:53
Nope, my guess was wrong. An idiot civilian doctor had written me up for a non-deployable/non-retainable profile for "traumatic brain injury" because I hurt my neck in Iraq 3 years ago. About 10 minutes with an army doctor and that profile was gone and I could go home.

Other soldiers had profiles for "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" because they admitted that they saw people die (even though they didn't show symptoms). Almost every soldier present was there for a BS profile that didn't fit their symptoms.

Yeah, I was thinking they stuck you with a PTSD profile....Glad you got it taken care of..

drew

luv2brode
09-07-2008, 00:44
yeah and they stick ya with ptsd then try and buy a handgun.