Storage box for my lambskin? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Storage box for my lambskin?

nationwide
08-28-2008, 18:32
Howdy Brethren :wavey:

After being raised, I find that I have amassed a nice little collection of items and I would like some way to store them safely, perhaps for future generations, if I can get my wife to hold still long enough :embarassed:

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a case of some type commercially available?

Thanks!

Beware Owner
08-28-2008, 18:42
Lambskin is to be used once and thrown away.

Kimelac
08-28-2008, 18:58
Not a mason, huh?

Try JP Luther.

Beware Owner
08-28-2008, 19:02
It was supposed to be a joke. :wavey:

jetboatdriver
08-28-2008, 20:36

Not :wavey: ..... :faint:

Somethings are not funny

Beware Owner
08-29-2008, 07:44
Not :wavey: ..... :faint:

Somethings are not funny

It was to me.

jetboatdriver
08-29-2008, 07:53
It was to me.

Apparently.

But for the rest of us we are of the position that what may be funny to you is still in very poor taste and disrespectful to the rest of us.

jerrytrini
08-29-2008, 19:17
If you do not intend to wear it for meetings, may I suggest have it encased in glass and use the Lodge's aprons instead.

Have a fine evening my brother.

JayPap
09-03-2008, 18:54
There are companies like Luther and Klitzner who sell tubes to store them in.

In my area a lot of members have them placed flat behind thier Lodge Diploma and framed to preserve it.

The next time you wear it is usually at your funeral so let your wife know where it is.

mmsig229
09-14-2008, 09:25
There are companies like Luther and Klitzner who sell tubes to store them in.

In my area a lot of members have them placed flat behind thier Lodge Diploma and framed to preserve it.

The next time you wear it is usually at your funeral so let your wife know where it is.

DO NOT PUT IT IN A STORAGE TUBE!!!! Sorry for yelling but, I have seen several which were stored rolled up. They were never able to be properly used again. Ours come in a flat plastic carrying case. Some lodge have an "apron night" where the Brethren try to locate their apron and bring it to Lodge. This gets the guys thinking, hmmm, where is it???!!!

srothman
09-14-2008, 11:32
I have mine in a small flat case, with my Past Masters Apron. It is a small vinyl case, and the apron must be folded in half. My friend who is line at the Grand Lodge, has a real leather one that holds his apron, laying flat, and jewels.

If just depends on how much you want to spend. Up until I got my Past Masters apron I kept mine nicely rolled up in the tube, and there was no damamge. A day of laying flat on a table and it was fine. We keep our lodge aprons rolled up in the tubes, and have never had a problem with them. We by them in bulk every about every 10 years, and have never had any problems.

lethal tupperwa
09-14-2008, 11:40

It will be used once more.

mmsig229
09-14-2008, 14:11
I have mine in a small flat case, with my Past Masters Apron. It is a small vinyl case, and the apron must be folded in half. My friend who is line at the Grand Lodge, has a real leather one that holds his apron, laying flat, and jewels.

If just depends on how much you want to spend. Up until I got my Past Masters apron I kept mine nicely rolled up in the tube, and there was no damamge. A day of laying flat on a table and it was fine. We keep our lodge aprons rolled up in the tubes, and have never had a problem with them. We by them in bulk every about every 10 years, and have never had any problems.

WB, you won't have any problems with them for many, many, years. But let's presume they are stored when initiated, and removed 50 years later. They will be damaged by then. I found several aprons stored in tubes while cleaning out the Lodge. They were falling apart and unable to be made flat. I'll be receiving my PM Apron and Jewel soon. I will store the apron flat in a case when not in use.

filthy infidel
09-21-2008, 08:29
Mine is in plastic, out of sunlight, on top of the buffet in the dining room. Please remind my wife where is is if I buy the farm, thanks kindly.

lethal tupperwa
09-21-2008, 11:46
When I got mine I thought I hope that when this is used again "It Is Old Enough To Be Falling Apart From Extreme Age"

mmsig229
09-21-2008, 20:33
When I got mine I thought I hope that when this is used again "It Is Old Enough To Be Falling Apart From Extreme Age"

None of us escape the sythe of time!!!

lethal tupperwa
09-22-2008, 06:15
None of us escape the sythe of time!!!

But you don't have to play in the middle of the street either. :^)

RED64CJ5
09-25-2008, 18:49
There is a very simple solution. Mine came in a plastic bag, hopefully yours did, too. Rolled up is a no-no. It should not be stored in a tube. If you store it flat, it will remain in great shape until the last time you need it.

My suggestion (and this has worked for many) is to fabricate a flat storage box out of scrap (and clean) cardboard. you can tape it up to make a nice flat sleeve with enough room to put the apron in and take it out when you need it. Mine works great and I store it in the closet.

filthy infidel
09-26-2008, 14:17
Yet another reason why I always thought you were a nice guy Red!
FI